PDA

View Full Version : ex carb jets

400cc
11-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Does anyone know what series main and pilot jets I need to get for my ex?

I think the pilot jet is a series 21 or 22, I read that somewhere, but can't remember

I'm also going with keihin jets.

I was going to rejet my carb after putting my pipe on and didn't want to order the wrong jets.

Does anyone know why my quad would start with the choke lever all the way up and the gas lever pushed in about half way, but when I turn the choke off and crank it, it doesn't even start or idle, the only way it will run is if you hold the gas in with the choke on and when you let the gas off it just dies. It's a pro circuit full exhaust by the way.

Oh and one other thing, this might be a dumb question, but isn't there supposed to be exhaust pipe o-rings installed? The reason I'm asking is because when I took the stock exhaust head pipes off there were no exhaust pipe o-rings installed at all, so does it really need the o-rings?

BossHogg420
11-09-2008, 10:40 PM
yea mine weren't in their either but I put new ones in

dariusld
11-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by 400cc

Oh and one other thing, this might be a dumb question, but isn't there supposed to be exhaust pipe o-rings installed? The reason I'm asking is because when I took the stock exhaust head pipes off there were no exhaust pipe o-rings installed at all, so does it really need the o-rings?

Sometimes they blend in with the head and you cant even tell they are there. They start out round copper and get smashed flat when you tighten the header down. And yes you should use new ones because you might have a leak and a popping on deceleration.

drew416ex
11-10-2008, 01:43 PM
You can use the 21 for your pilot. I cant think of the main off the top of my head.

GPracer2500
11-10-2008, 06:19 PM
The stock jet styles are Series 26 (pilot) and Series 357 (main). Rarely are mains actually called "Series 357" though. Mostly the mains are known as "hex" jets. It's 50 to 1 the parts counter dude will look at you funny if you ask for a Series 357 main. But he'll know what you're talking about if you ask for a Keihin hex head main.

And drew is right about the S21 pilots. Although the slightly shorter OAL S26 is the "correct" style, the far more common S21 fits and works fine.

400cc
11-10-2008, 08:38 PM
So is a series 357 jet the same as a series 13 jet?

GPracer2500
11-11-2008, 11:16 AM
I think so [shrug]. I've never once (until now) heard of the "13" label. A google search shows some retailers DO call Keihin hex mains series 13.

357 seems to fit Keihin's part numbering nomenclature better than 13 though....

Keihin.us.com (http://www.keihin-us.com/list.htm)