PDA

View Full Version : kicker conversion

blacknblue#2
11-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Ok so my 07 is about to get a kicker conversion. Now i know there are tons of threads on this and i have done searched and got the parts lists. Its lookin at well over 300 bucks which i can deal with if i have to but i have read of guys doing it for under 300. How do i do it. And is there a kit to where i can order it all together??

BadX450R
11-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Being a newbie I have to ask. Why take off the electric start? Racing purposes?

represent618
11-10-2008, 12:18 PM
The electric start is not dependable....you will find out.

I laughed at the idea of converting until my ER left me dead in the woods in the pitch-dark. I bump started it when it was so dark I could not see my hand in front of my face....it was not fun.

Oh, and cold weather appears to be an issue as well, but thats another story.

fastredrider44
11-10-2008, 08:47 PM
I've been seeing kits on ebay of people who have bought all the parts, thrown them in the box, and said good luck with a schematic.

BadX450R
11-11-2008, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by represent618
The electric start is not dependable....you will find out.

I laughed at the idea of converting until my ER left me dead in the woods in the pitch-dark. I bump started it when it was so dark I could not see my hand in front of my face....it was not fun.

Oh, and cold weather appears to be an issue as well, but thats another story.

Thanks for the insight. Heck I think the darn thing is hard to start now. Does switching over to the kick start make it any easier to crank?

ss440ex
11-11-2008, 08:05 AM
There are a few that sell kits

I know Johnny at j-hracing has done several and sells the complete kits!

Good luck.

drgnerth
11-28-2008, 10:33 PM
About time you got that starter fixed, i was getting wOOtering tired of pushing your wOOter.

blacknblue#2
11-30-2008, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by drgnerth
About time you let me slob on your nob, i was getting tired of having to catch you passed out and doing it secretly then.

no wonder i always had wet dreams when i passed out