PDA

View Full Version : steering dampner for '08 ltr-450

rescuescrub
11-09-2008, 06:07 PM
can anyone recommend a good dampner. ofcourse ive heard of the elkas but was also told that precision makes a good one as well. if there are any others out there feel free to fill me in thnxs...

hondaracer31
11-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Precision has been around a lot longer than Elka. I have a Precision on my '06 and love it! Best thing I ever did.

Drewltr450
11-09-2008, 08:03 PM
From what i hear, everyone i know that has it swears over it. They say it is better than the elka and they wouldnt ride with anything else.

rescuescrub
11-09-2008, 11:21 PM
thnxs for the replys . question though. what about the streamline/pro elite/gibson style of stabilizers?? guess what im asking is it worth the extra $$$$ for the precision as far as durability and performance? way things are now every cent counts... thnxs again...

ScooterBike
11-09-2008, 11:55 PM
i have the Elka 5, worth the money over the piston type just because of the high & low speed adjustments...

KingpinsEx
11-10-2008, 08:21 AM
I just put a Precision unit on my quad and it is unbelieveable. Like said above, it is easily the BEST mod you can make to your quad. It's unreal how smooth it makes the ride, you can ride so much harder and faster, espically through the rough stuff. A friend of mine has a streamline piston style stabilizer that I tried out, it worked good but was not as smooth as my precision. More adjustments, more dampening force, and you don't have to rebuild for years makes the precision the choice for serious racers. If your just playriding around, a streamline or similar style will work fine but precision is top of the line. Look around for a used one, they run about 350, not all that much more than the stick style. Keep in mind though on an LTR you have to move the brake T in front of the stem back to clear the stem/clamp. I believe a new system comes with the spacer but you might have to make one if you get it used...

fmfhonda250r
11-10-2008, 01:05 PM
i have some elka 5's $255 shipped if ya want one they reail i think for $600 they are new in the box and ready to ship

rescuescrub
11-10-2008, 04:31 PM
have anyone heard of the cnc ssttering stabilizer/