PDA

View Full Version : 400ex carb and pipe

jeepguy46126
11-09-2008, 01:31 PM
I just bought a LRD pro series 4 complete exhaust, header and pipe and an edelbrock quik silver carb from a guy on craigslist. I paid 230$ for all of it . First off is that a fairly good deal ? Second can i use my stock throttle cable for the carb? The one he gave me he said needs to be replaced ,so if i cant use the stock one where would i get a new one for it ?

dunatic
11-09-2008, 03:38 PM
I guess my first place would be Edelbrock.......have you called them ?

Then I might try any of the 1000 dealers in America that sell that carb for your 400ex.

I can tell your looking for the cheap "ask your buddy" answer. But were talking about a $30 throttle cable here. Do the right thing and get the right part for the job and buy it new.

jeepguy46126
11-09-2008, 03:46 PM
I got on thier website and they show the part #'s but you cant order them from there. I wasnt looking for a ask your buddy deal. I was really just wondering if i could use my stock cable, more than anything. I figured people on here ran that carb so they could tell me if they used thier stock cable or where they bought thiers at. I have no problem paying 30 bucks for a cable . I got on jegs and they didnt show them .So could you just point me to one of these 1000's of places to buy.

dunatic
11-09-2008, 04:04 PM
have you tried laying the two cables side by side and comparing the differences ?

edelbrock thottle cable (http://www.edelbrock.com/offroad/mc/carb_parts/carb_parts.shtml)

part number 9348

I appears right on edelbrocks website that you have to run their 5" extended cable for all performance series carbs.

jeepguy46126
11-09-2008, 04:09 PM
No i havent . Like i said i just bought it. I was trying to make sure i had everything i needed before i tore into it. I will call edlebrock tom. I wasnt tryin to make anybody do any searchin for me. I just thought there would be peolpe that knew . I have been lookin on my own for a couple hours and i havent really found any useful info.

dunatic
11-09-2008, 04:14 PM
I dont think that edelbrock has sold a ton of these carbs. I have 4 buds racing em, all using aftermarket FCR's or 450 carbs.

Im sure there is at least one person here that has one.

jeepguy46126
11-09-2008, 04:17 PM
I found this link but it doesnt say anything about a new cable being needed.

http://www.atvconnection.com/Departments/Dune_Desert/Edelbrock-Qwik-Silver-Carburetor.cfm

I dont race or anythig . I was just going to buy the pipe and he said he would sell the carb that was already tuned to match for 80$, so i thought a jet kit would cost 50$ or so anyway so i just went ahead and got it.

dunatic
11-09-2008, 04:25 PM
smokingly good deal on the carb for the price.