PDA

View Full Version : Need help with gearing 300ex

DEWIE
12-13-2002, 08:49 AM
I need some help guys. If I put a 14 tooth on the front of my sons 300ex will I need to grind down the case saver? Will 14-36 work better than 14-38 with my sons mods? He wants more top end and a longer 2nd gear with out loosing low end. It is jetted with a K&N filter with outwears and outwears on lid with a DG Xcellerator full exhaust. He is getting an Amp Link for Christmas. He has a real hard time getting it started and keeping it started in the cold. Is there any other fixes other than a hotter plug? Is there an after market rev limiter /limiter remover I am not sure what it is called it is so he can rev it higher and get more power out of his mods for the 300ex and will it work woth his mods? Can he hurt the motor if he revs it too high with the limiter removed? Thanks for any help guys.

Lori

99'300EX
12-13-2002, 11:21 AM
i was thinking about changing my gearing too, whats a good set up, right now i have the stock setup??

bigbadbrad
12-13-2002, 12:02 PM
i have heard the amp link is a waste of money
i have a 14 tooth front sprocket with 38 tooth rear sprocket an it works fine but i dont have my pipe and k&n on yet what kind of riding do you do? i would say 14 front and 38 rear as for the case saver just trim it down with a dremel if ya have one and if you dont have a dremel just put it on with the stock chain and let the chain wear down the case saver by it self