PDA

View Full Version : On the fence

CashCrew
11-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Stock DRR50 vs Stock Apex 50. Looking to add second bike to the stable. Passing current DRR 50 down to my 4 yr old. Not sure which way to go with the 5 yr old. Will be running the 4-6 yr old stock 50 class in Worcs series. Sorry if this topic has been covered, but most of the stuff I found referred to the 70 and 90's.
Been happy so far with the DRR. I like the fact the Apex has no oil injection stock. Where as if you remove it from the Drr it is considered a mod. Also not sure if the boy is big enough yet to kick start the Apex himself. Have been told I could order the Apex with electric start, but at a substantial cost. The Apex is more money out of the box, but is it worth it. Our they that much quicker in stock form?

Thanks,
Adrian

raidernut
11-09-2008, 10:56 AM
As a DRR guy, i have to admit that if we were racing in a stock class, the Apex would be the bike. They are more money, but have more features than the DRR stock vs stock.The DRR is a better platform for a mod build in my opinion, because of the lower cost, you can buy real race parts. But stock for stock in a stock class, the Apex might be a better choice in worcs.

SMS
11-09-2008, 03:14 PM
I can tell you I am looking at buying a apex 50 for my son that is 4 as well. Drr needs to step it up as far as the 50 class goes in my opinion. The exhuast kills you with the drr, I think the apex would spank it. I'm trying to find out if it will be legal to run in the national series or if I will get protested first time we show up?