PDA

View Full Version : Swing arm swap

tomtom79
11-09-2008, 06:59 AM
witch would be the easiest swing arm swap for a 300ex build a 350x, 400ex, 450r,or 250r.

Derrick Adams
11-09-2008, 09:07 AM
although I havent done this swap I have been reading alot on it lately.

I'm in the process of swapping the 450R rear end onto our 300ex right now and from what i'vew read, its pretty easy.

I would say the 350X swap would be the easiest, although I dont know why you would do it. You wouldnt gain anything by doing that swap.

The 250R swap would not only require a linkage mount welded to the frame (so does the 450R) but also a spacer made for the rear sprocket to align correctly with the engine.

If you are a competent welder or know someone who is, I would do the 450R swap. It will give you a longer swinger, wider axle, and lighter rearend. You will need a 250R rear shock for this, from what i've read.

QuadCobbler
11-14-2008, 05:47 AM
Derick, You are right about the spacer on the rear sprocket. I have a 400ex swinger on my 300, and I have a 250r atc shock. I used a rear sproket as a spacer. I cut all of the teeth off in a parana (iron-worker) then ground it smoth on a grinder. The hole grinding the side of the swinger off to shift it to the right (piviot point) is a waste of time and not to mention the rear end would be offset. The hardest part is getting the pro link to work. I had to make a pro link for mine and it took about 2 months to get it right. The rear is now much softer than a 400ex.