PDA

View Full Version : 465Stroker - Cannibal vs Blaze???

Bart
12-13-2002, 08:11 AM
I will be racing a fully modded Cannondale Cannibal for 03 for RS Performance in the 4 Stroke Mod class..

Rick - Just curious why you chose to go with a Cannibal instead of a Blaze? Can you tell us what changes you are making to the Cannibal or are they secret?

Thanks,
Fred

PS - Why did Traci decide to run a Kawasaki next year instead of just running your "old" 465ex?

465Stroker
12-13-2002, 09:43 AM
I will be working with ATV Sport, Cannondale, and RS Performance in creating a totally custom GNCC racer out of a Cannibal. I also have some key players in the project that include: Lone Star Racing, Elka, Douglas Wheel, Maxxis, Fullbore, HMF, THE QUADSHOP, Plus many more.
The article will be 4 stories long / 4 issues of ATV Sport for the whole GNCC season, so we wanted to make sure that we can keep changes and add-ons going as the story / season progresses. The Blaze is race ready out of the box, so upgrades or changes would be minimal.
Traci will be racing a z400 because of the handlebar to seat distance fits her much better than a 400EX. Reverse is a big option too.

Dave400ex
12-13-2002, 07:33 PM
Isn't RS Performance in Bedford Indiana? If you ever go there maybe I could go to meet you and see the Cannibal. lol

Porkchop
12-14-2002, 04:37 PM
whats the RS Performance web site?

jmoney45
12-14-2002, 07:45 PM
http://www.rsperformance.net/

Bart
05-01-2003, 12:21 AM
Rick,

Just curious if the story idea for ATV Sport was still on? Or was it killed due to Cannondale's current "situation"?

465Stroker
05-01-2003, 01:09 AM
The GNCC Cannibal ATV Sport story is still on. The first of three stories have already been submitted and should be released in the July issue which will be released in May. Everything is going great - except RS Performance dropped out of the project - but ACE Racing / Cdaleparts.com have currently picked up were RS Performance left off.
The first story will cover the basics: Suspension & Rider Comfort.
Quick List of upgrades: Lonestar Racing +1" Race Series A-arms, PEP ZPS 17" Shocks w/ Oversized resiviors - This combination alone with the stock swingarm give the quad an even 10.5" of wheel travel! RPM XC Axle, Douglas Beadlocks / Maxxis Razrs, TAG CR Double High Bars, Cycra Handguards, PRM Skids & Bumper, PEP Stabilizer, HMF Pipe, Permormance Carbon Shrouds & Headlight Deletes, and Ceet Seat Cover.
Here are some pics:

465Stroker
05-01-2003, 01:11 AM
Another

465Stroker
05-01-2003, 01:22 AM
The quad rips as-is so the next part of the story will be upgrades to help in maintenance & durability of the quad with: Quadshop Seat Latch, motor mount update & tie-rod boots, Hardkore Racing Hubs, Pro-tect swingarm skid, Southbay motor upgrades, Hi-flite Seat Foam, Maxima Oils, etc.

Bart
05-14-2003, 12:21 AM
Rick,

Just read your first story in ATVSport. Good job. Curious to know which is easier for you - writing or riding?

465Stroker
05-14-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Fred
Rick,

Just read your first story in ATVSport. Good job. Curious to know which is easier for you - writing or riding?

Riding is much easier. You know I have not even seen the completed article yet! I have been waiting for the mag to show up in my mail box all week... Heck, GNCCer is in Ohio and he got his mag on Saturday..

CBRSLIDER
05-14-2003, 01:51 AM
Rick,

Just got my mag yesterday and the article was pretty good. Lookin forward to the rest of the series of articles. Also was lookin to meet you and traci at the race but just didn't get over to your pits early enough. I was runnin around getting ready for the morning race. Congrats on a good finish.

Ray

Dave400ex
05-14-2003, 11:32 AM
Yep I got it and read it yesterday too. Very good article for a XC racer. $1,600 for the PEP fronts?