PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust

Blaze
11-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Which is better? I was thinking of taking my fmf fatty's off and the fmf power core 2 silencers and putting something else on. Is toomey tr-6 better or worse?

headache
11-09-2008, 09:17 AM
the t-6 toomeys would be a much better pipe for what you have now. but if your going to port the motor in the future you might want to get the t-5's...

99banshee
11-09-2008, 11:24 PM
I have pro circuit on mine and it is ported and they seem to do good

Blaze
11-10-2008, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by 99banshee
I have pro circuit on mine and it is ported and they seem to do good
how do they sound?

99banshee
11-10-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Blaze
how do they sound? They sound good! I had a 99 shee with the same exhaust as you do and i like the pro ciruit sound alot better! The fmf's had a lower sound to them and the procircuits have a more high pitch. I had one guy tell me one day when we were riding that when i went by him it sounded a little like a crotch rocket:devil:

Blaze
11-10-2008, 02:01 PM
lol, yeah ill look into them.

11-10-2008, 02:54 PM
My top favorites

DMC 916
FMF Fatty
Toomey T6

The fatties are really good pipes. They have a nice sound to them (from behind) and make really good mid-top end power.

Everyone always says they're low-end pipes, but if my dads is any indiciation, thats false. The have a really strong top end pull.

One of my favorite pipes next to the 916. 916's have sick top end and the best sound.

IMHO T5's suck @ss. I don't care what people hype about them. They sound like chit, are mainly mid-range, and just dont impress me. They are built well but thats about it.

I say keep what you have unless you see some DMC's are maybe T6's if you dont go porting. Pro Circuts are nice.. dont have much experience with them though.

You can hear the top end of the fatties from behind.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lbf669iBGhQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lbf669iBGhQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

martimatt550
11-10-2008, 05:27 PM
I have toomey T5's and they rock!!!!!!!!!

Blaze
11-10-2008, 06:51 PM
i think i will stick with my fattys ill spend my money on vforce reeds or a stage IV cooled head or w.e. will that make a difference?

11-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Blaze
i think i will stick with my fattys ill spend my money on vforce reeds or a stage IV cooled head or w.e. will that make a difference?

Stage IV cool head with 21cc domes will put you up in the 150psi range. You'll definitely notice more low-end and power. I think 20cc domes are the smallest you can run on pump gas.

Reeds won't make a huge noticeable difference. Probably just better throttle response.

You can also consider lightening the flywheel. With all that extra compression you shouldn't have to worry about low-end with lightening in. It'll also make more top end.