PDA

View Full Version : What kinda racing is hardest on ATVs?

toby400ex
12-13-2002, 07:51 AM
Im not sure if this has been a thread before but what the hey. Whats the hardest type of racing on the atv and equipment.

dirtmomma
12-13-2002, 08:12 AM
I'd have to say MX, I don't do it but it looks like it would be really hard on your bike. We do flat track & rough scrambles and even the scrambles can be hard on your bike if ya don't land right. My son wants to MX but we keep tellling him it would be too expensive to set the quad all up for that!!!!:)

BadA$$440
12-13-2002, 08:44 AM
Mx is hard on Chassis parts, and TT is hardest on the motor, and Scramble is all around

toby400ex
12-13-2002, 10:18 AM
i was thinking xc, it pounds everything

BadA$$440
12-13-2002, 11:51 AM
they are all pretty hard on ATVs. MXers is always breakin axles, swingarms, etc, TT's are mostly have more engine trouble hen chassis cuz they rev the **** out of them, an XC racers break alot of stuff (including bones), lol

airheadedduner
12-13-2002, 12:18 PM
Desert is way harder on everything. It hard on the motor, your running wide open all the time. Its hard on the chassis, your taking hits at WFO throttle. And it hard on the rider.

R-Crazy
12-13-2002, 01:02 PM
i would say XC. I ride MX, but between the ruts, rocks, and other debris, it can hit s quad hard. Trees arn't very nice to quads either, i figured that out myself :D :blah

dave

Ryan
12-13-2002, 02:57 PM
Thats pretty tuff. I would probably go with XC. Your racing for 2 hours strieght and you might not be hitting huge jumps like MX but your running over rocks, going through water and whatever else they can throw in your way. In the long run I think XC could probably do more damage. Especially if you hit a tree :eek:

toby400ex
12-13-2002, 03:29 PM
i forgot to put desert, darn. i think ice racing would be about like tt in the way it hurts the quad

roostin_dale
12-13-2002, 03:32 PM
TT and ice raceing is hard on the motor(over revving)
MX and XC are hard on frame, shocks, steering, rims, etc!

dirtmomma
12-14-2002, 09:49 AM
We thought we would slip flat track in here nobody's said anything about this.:)

Chef
12-14-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
Desert is way harder on everything. It hard on the motor, your running wide open all the time. Its hard on the chassis, your taking hits at WFO throttle. And it hard on the rider.

Thats what I thought before I even opened the thread and saw the choices...Desert Racing is a pain in the butt, period.

12-17-2002, 07:32 AM
I've only raced XC 2 times and I've tore more stuff up doing it than a full season and a half of MX...:huh Go figure

dirtmomma
12-17-2002, 08:01 AM
Hey there Alky so where do you TT race at??? Just curious, I would like to get into it sometime but I don't think they have it in my area. They did have one a few months ago at the Tacoma Dome but we had to miss it bummer!!! I flat track & rough scramble right now and love it it's my 1st season doing both I'm a late starter hahaha like to see a pic of your ride also. Have a good one:)

QuadTrix6
12-17-2002, 05:48 PM
MX in the long run :devil

JTRtrx250r
12-18-2002, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Bad*****440
Mx is hard on Chassis parts, and TT is hardest on the motor, and Scramble is all around What he said!!;)

0240099r1
12-18-2002, 07:48 AM
i have to agree with everybody else mx does break alot of stuff but i also think xc really gives the quad one heck of a beating........

Extremeracer167
12-18-2002, 11:18 AM
Ide say XC is the hardest on everything. MX guys go through axles, frame, and swingarms. Us XC guys go through frames after a season of nothing but ruts, breaking bumps, ditches, and so fourth. Rims, Tires, Tie Rods, Shocks, skids, stems, and plastics are the worst when racing XC. Expecially after a mud race, then u can count on some new bearings here and there. Plastics ina bad mud race, u will usually crack a set. Ide say XC is worse on EVERYTHING. MX is just hard on frame and a few other chassis parts

JTRtrx250r
12-18-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
We thought we would slip flat track in here nobody's said anything about this.:) you can sure tell not too many flattrackers huh;) :DGood luck this yr!!maybe we'll see ya @Oakwood!!:)

Chef
12-18-2002, 07:05 PM
Hey there Alky so where do you TT race at??? Just curious, I would like to get into it sometime but I don't think they have it in my area. They did have one a few months ago at the Tacoma Dome but we had to miss it bummer!!! I flat track & rough scramble right now and love it it's my 1st season doing both I'm a late starter hahaha like to see a pic of your ride also. Have a good one:)

Oh, too bad you had to miss the T-Dome, I was there. Probably could have won it if i hadnt screwed up during my heat race and got black flagged, which put my starting last in the main. I race at Rainier and Castle Rock, and have only raced about 9 weekends. Here is my 400, my 250R wont be done for quite a while yet. This pic was actually taken at the Tacoma Dome race, from inside the door of our trailer.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=274302

roostin_dale
12-18-2002, 07:24 PM
We thought we would slip flat track in here nobody's said anything about this.:)

Who is we??:confused:

Bean
12-18-2002, 09:36 PM
hillclimbing is the worst on every part of a quad, lmao

ever seen one take a tumble (watch the hillclimb in H3 to refresh your memory)

12-19-2002, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Bean
hillclimbing is the worst on every part of a quad, lmao

ever seen one take a tumble (watch the hillclimb in H3 to refresh your memory)

I bet that dudes banshee is still taken pain medication after that tumble,,,lmfao

toby400ex
12-19-2002, 07:41 AM
yeah, but hillclimbin is only bad on the quad if you screw up, i saw that banshee, it hurt me too, especially the swingarm.

dirtmomma
12-19-2002, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by quad_freak14

Who is we??:confused: We is my family!!!:)

dirtmomma
12-19-2002, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Alky472

Oh, too bad you had to miss the T-Dome, I was there. Probably could have won it if i hadnt screwed up during my heat race and got black flagged, which put my starting last in the main. I race at Rainier and Castle Rock, and have only raced about 9 weekends. Here is my 400, my 250R wont be done for quite a while yet. This pic was actually taken at the Tacoma Dome race, from inside the door of our trailer.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=274302 Well I see the trailer next to you at all the races:D Very sweet ride!!!!:cool: Have you ever heard of the name Smalley?? Yeah we took the boy out to Rainier for his 1st race last season, it was like 3 races from the final one I think Sept.19 he did good for running a stock pipe and his 1st race on it. That track is WICKED I couldn't believe how the tires were skidding on the dirt!!! Haven't been to Castle Rock yet but I'm sure we'll check that out sometime. Well have a good one!!:)

cdalejef
12-19-2002, 08:06 AM
XC for sure!

toby400ex
12-19-2002, 01:37 PM
damn straight, why are all the mx guys voting, but not the xc.

appleman400ex
12-19-2002, 01:49 PM
Baja is the hardest

Chef
12-19-2002, 07:37 PM
Well I see the trailer next to you at all the races:D Very sweet ride!!!!:cool: Have you ever heard of the name Smalley?? Yeah we took the boy out to Rainier for his 1st race last season, it was like 3 races from the final one I think Sept.19 he did good for running a stock pipe and his 1st race on it. That track is WICKED I couldn't believe how the tires were skidding on the dirt!!! Haven't been to Castle Rock yet but I'm sure we'll check that out sometime. Well have a good one!!:)

Nope, never heard that name before. The Tacoma Dome was on Sept. 22nd,or I probably would have been at Rainer. I raced Rainier the weekend after the tacoma dome and the weekend after that. I got second the first weekend in fourstroke, and won the main in both the four stroke and 250 2 stroke the second weekend. This is castle rock. Its a half mile track.

JTRtrx250r
12-19-2002, 07:44 PM
Yeah,Ive seen that trailer a bunch myself,but w/ the few tracks we have in Wa,thats bound to happen;) :D

dirtmomma
12-19-2002, 07:49 PM
WOW that track looks fun!!! Also looks like it would be hard on the motors!! Need a 4stroke there huh:) Maybe we'll see ya out there sometime.