PDA

View Full Version : mmmm.... GOOOOD!!! Thanksgiving!!

QuadJunkies
11-08-2008, 08:38 PM
All this week I keep thinking of all the yummy stuff I havent ate since last year!:blah:

Whats your favorite food at Thanksgiving?

Mine would have to be devilied eggs :devil: and sweet potatoes.

Im counting down the days!!!

powermadd400ex
11-08-2008, 08:44 PM
my favorite thing is my granny's dressing :)

gcart2
11-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by powermadd400ex
my favorite thing is my granny's dressing :)

couldnt have said it better :p

NacsMXer
11-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Pumpkin pie :D

Robin Hood
11-08-2008, 09:19 PM
The biggest damn turkey you'll ever see. :devil:

jrspawn
11-08-2008, 09:22 PM
My Moms macaroni and cheese.

QuadJunkies
11-08-2008, 09:24 PM
AWE MAN... I TOTALLY forgot about the dressing!

So do ya'll deep fry your turkeys??

We are pretty traditional at Thanksgiving dinner, but not at Christmas.
We usually do prime rib and Cossal Shrimp of something.
Im not a big Ham fan.

jrspawn
11-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Ive never had a deep fried turkey, but i would like to try it sometime. Ive heard from alot of people its good.

11-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
The biggest damn turkey you'll ever see. :devil:

no way. well if big bird counts as a turkey then i had the biggest. you know how sesame street stopped having new episodes well we are the reason lol

Quad18star
11-08-2008, 11:24 PM
We had a 24lbs gobbler for our Thanksgiving a few weeks back.

My favorite part is the stuffing. :devil:

bluebaron
11-08-2008, 11:48 PM
Pumpkin pie! I've had it a few times already this year, but it just always tastes better on the 4th Thursday in November

Oh yeah, and some good old honey spiral ham

wilkin250r
11-09-2008, 01:35 AM
My father is an exceptional chef. Thanksgiving is always huge. Homemade eggnog, turkey, rolls, and a shrimp/tomatoe/cucumber salad that is just fantastic.

And then, of course, there's the pie. I swear, the crust is almost as good as the filling. Apple pie, pumpkin pie, and he makes a lemon-pineapple chiffon pie that he won a blue ribbon for in some county fair many years back.

Yessiree, Thanksgiving is big in the Wilkin family...

SPDSNYPR
11-09-2008, 02:16 AM
I can't pick a single favorite. Turkey only ends up on the table once a year, so it's a treat. I love spiral cut ham, the dressing, green bean casserole, brocolli cheese casserole, tukey gravy.

I'm hungry now. :(

4trax250x81
11-09-2008, 07:32 AM
PECAN PIE!!!!

QuadJunkies
11-09-2008, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
My father is an exceptional chef. Thanksgiving is always huge. Homemade eggnog, turkey, rolls, and a shrimp/tomatoe/cucumber salad that is just fantastic.

And then, of course, there's the pie. I swear, the crust is almost as good as the filling. Apple pie, pumpkin pie, and he makes a lemon-pineapple chiffon pie that he won a blue ribbon for in some county fair many years back.

Yessiree, Thanksgiving is big in the Wilkin family...

Ive never had homemade eggnog... Im not sure what all is even in eggnog,but I like it .lol

I like the light eggnog the best since its not as thick.

Kickstarts-suck
11-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Ham
pumpkin pie
stuffing

:D

cant wait!

atvnut22
11-09-2008, 11:11 AM
hashbrown casserole,deep fried deer meat, mashed potatoes, boiled custard and egg nogg, turnips and baked apples! cant wait, 3 days of no schools and gaining 30 pounds of fat to keep me warm in the winter.lol

csr250r
11-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Real potatoes with homade roast beef gravy and corn.

Bad part about thanksgiving for me is that it is right at the start of wrestling season when im trying to cut weight, usually puts me off to a bad start lol.

11-09-2008, 01:12 PM
my mom did a small test run last week of thanksgiving. not as many things but we had a turkey, dressing, cranberries, mashed potatoes. This year my house is gonna be packed! I think like 6 families will be attending. Thats I think 13 kids and about 11 adults. Gonna be crazy

QuadJunkies
11-11-2008, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by atvnut22
hashbrown casserole,deep fried deer meat, mashed potatoes, boiled custard and egg nogg, turnips and baked apples! cant wait, 3 days of no schools and gaining 30 pounds of fat to keep me warm in the winter.lol
Now a few of those things you mentioned Ive never had before,let alone on Thanksgiving! Its funny how so many of us have dif. traditions of Turkey day! :)

Ive never ate a turnip, I always thought they sounded gross. lol:p

Wheres JOEX when we need him!! Id like to see what hes cooking up for Thanksgiving- now that dude can cook!!:blah:

Quad18star
11-11-2008, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Now a few of those things you mentioned Ive never had before,let alone on Thanksgiving! Its funny how so many of us have dif. traditions of Turkey day! :)

Wheres JOEX when we need him!! Id like to see what hes cooking up for Thanksgiving- now that dude can cook!!:blah:

You've never had turnip? :huh

This year is your year . LOL

It's actually not too bad ..... has a sweet taste to it.

Ryan
11-11-2008, 05:36 AM
All this week I keep thinking of all the yummy stuff I havent ate since last year!:blah:

You toke the words right outta my mouth ;) . I love them eggs and sweet patato's... And for desert..... Definitly pumkin pie :o .

I tend to over eat every year... I never feel to well after thanksgiving feast..... And i'll never learn.. lol

Johnny & Monica
11-11-2008, 06:19 AM
Homemade noodles,turkey, mashed potatoes, 7 layer salad, homemade rolls,deviled eggs,pumpkin pie and chocolate pie.
Don't forget the leftovers, I love Turkey hash!

QuadJunkies
11-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
Homemade noodles,turkey, mashed potatoes, 7 layer salad, homemade rolls,deviled eggs,pumpkin pie and chocolate pie.
Don't forget the leftovers, I love Turkey hash!

Ive never had hash either.. What exactly is that ?:huh :confused:

I guess I havent been livin!!! :p

Greg,
You plan on whippin me up somethin and mailing it??
I always tell my kids to at least try something once , I ugess Im my own worst offender. lol
Brussel spouts are another one I could never stomach to try .:scary:

Quad18star
11-11-2008, 11:07 AM

Greg,
I always tell my kids to at least try something once , I ugess Im my own worst offender. lol

Packaged and ready to ship !!:p

It's not something I'd eat every day , but there's always some on the table for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. So easy to make also .... just throw it in with the turkey and it'll be ready when the turkey is done.

You can also boil it on the stove top , along with the carrots and whatever else.

Some people mash them , some cube them . I prefer the cubed ( not a fan of mashed anything) ... add a little salt and pepper and Bon Appetit !!!!

QuadJunkies
11-11-2008, 11:15 AM
You know there is something I havent made for a looooongggg time is Frog Eye salad!
Maybe Ill make some of that this year.

I just thought of another one I never tried...

EGGPLANT.

EEWWWWW....:scary:

:p

Quad18star
11-11-2008, 11:22 AM
You know there is something I havent made for a looooongggg time is Frog Eye salad!
Maybe Ill make some of that this year.

I just thought of another one I never tried...

EGGPLANT.

EEWWWWW....:scary:

:p

Frog Eye salad .... I'll pass !!! Don't have a clue what it is ... but I'll pass . The name just doesn't do it for me. LOL

Can't say I've ever tried eggplant either. I'd try it if I knew how to cook it and what to serve it with.

My mom made this dessert/cake the other day .... it's called Dump Cake. At first I was skeptical with a name like DUMP Cake .... but it actually turned out to be pretty good. There was blueberries, apple and pineapple in it , covered with a layer of shaved coconut . Now that I think of it , I'm gunna call ehr up and ask to make me another one . HAHAHA . Gotta love Mom !!!!!:devil:

QuadJunkies
11-11-2008, 11:28 AM
I thought the same thing when I 1st heard the name but its very good!
Heres a recipe
http://www.cooksrecipes.com/salad/frogs-eye-salad-recipe.html

Quad18star
11-11-2008, 11:33 AM
I thought the same thing when I 1st heard the name but its very good!
Heres a recipe
http://www.cooksrecipes.com/salad/frogs-eye-salad-recipe.html

Sounds pretty good . I'll have to try it out.

I enjoy trying new receipes and foods . I'll give anything a whirl once . Hell I went to Cuba a few years ago and tried some different foods . Was it fish ... was it chicken?? I couldn't tell you , but I tried it. LOL:blah:

Off-Road Maniac
11-11-2008, 11:46 AM

Im counting down the days!!!

the best is Turkey deep fried in peanut oil at DUMONT DUNES.

QuadJunkies
11-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Off-Road Maniac
the best is Turkey deep fried in peanut oil at DUMONT DUNES.

Now THAT sounds like an awesome Turkey Day.. :cool:

wilkin250r
11-11-2008, 12:05 PM
QJ, I'm beginning to think the foods that you HAVE tried would be shorter list... :p

bwamos
11-11-2008, 12:08 PM
My mom's green rice and good old cornbread stuffing. ;)

QuadJunkies
11-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
My mom's green rice and good old cornbread stuffing. ;)
What the heck is green rice? lol

I actually have a good variety of foods Ive tired and that I like.. its Troy and the kids who are the REAL picky ones!:p

I think the last thing new I tried was Jicama and I loved it!:D

Maybe its a Geographic thing cause I havent even heard of some of the things listed.

Johnny & Monica
11-11-2008, 01:32 PM

Greg,

Hash is turkey, cut potatoes and carrots, onion all cooked together like a stew with a flour added to thicken it all up. Johnny calls it slop but it sure is good. I've never tried a turnip either.

How about what you don't like? I don't like Pumpkin pie. Weird huh? I'm the only one in the family that doesn't.

bwamos
11-11-2008, 02:01 PM
What the heck is green rice? lol

Dunno the exact ingredients.. but it's a casserole type of dish that involves rice, chopped broccoli, cream of something soups, some chopped onion, butter, and loads of cheese, etc, etc... ;) Not exactly your healthy rice dish.. lol. I think the rice is just there to hold it all together, lol.

My other favorite is green bean bundles. Fresh uncut greenbeans bundled into bundles, wrapped in bacon. Put into a large glass baking dish. Topped w/ a 50/50 butter/brown sugar w/ some garlic salt and soy sauce prepares over medium heat in a sauce pan, and marinated in the fridge for 24 hours then baked in the oven.

To die for. Litterally.. LOL.

atvnut22
11-11-2008, 04:46 PM

i love turnips depending how their cooked(usally steamed or fried), steamed uassualy has more of a twangy hot taste,that usally goes away when fried, personally i like steamed

QuadJunkies
11-12-2008, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
Hash is turkey, cut potatoes and carrots, onion all cooked together like a stew with a flour added to thicken it all up. Johnny calls it slop but it sure is good. I've never tried a turnip either.

How about what you don't like? I don't like Pumpkin pie. Weird huh? I'm the only one in the family that doesn't.

I hate Cranberries ...:huh :p
I too am the only one that doesnt like them.

wilkin250r
11-12-2008, 03:27 AM
I like the simple recipes that turn out fantasic.

I cook up some slivered almonds with butter in a frying pan until they're lightly browned, and throw them together with ordinary green beans. People RAVE over them. So easy...

631kfx400
11-12-2008, 04:36 AM
my fam gets the stop and shop meal its maddddddd good. comes with like mashed potatoes turkey ham stuffing gravy vegetables. the best part is we end up having the greatest left overs for like 2 weeks:]:D