PDA

View Full Version : tap tap tap!!! valve?

rideracelivemx7
11-08-2008, 09:52 AM
well i was just ridding the crf, wheelies, not going hard on it or anything, then the last hill i gave her some juice showing what my new maxxis can do, then i go to shoot a roost off the hill and suddlenly TAP TAP TAP at the top. did i bend a valve or something? fresh top end, with about 5 hours on it and its hard to kick over now, havent tried to start it, afraid what i might see what i take off the head lol. it like the decompressioner is stuck or something? i thought i heard this same problem on youtube... cant find the video now..damn. anyone have any ideas?

rideracelivemx7
11-08-2008, 10:46 AM
well, tore off the cam and cover and what not, pretty sure i bent a valve, but cause theres no wierd issues kicking it over with out the cam, all smooth when i hold the chain and kick it over,i dont know any idea how i might have bent a valve, there all in check?

pro-rider46
11-08-2008, 11:55 PM
maybe you need to replace your cam chain, my 05 450r started tapping like crazy, and i put in the new timing chain when i rebuilt it, and it was fine.

XCredrider
11-13-2008, 02:33 PM
check your valve clearances first and see how they look. next you can check your valves two ways. first you can fill your intake and exhaust ports with carb cleaner and look at the inside of the head at the valve seats and see if you can see it leaking around the seats. your next option would be to take it out and put it in a drill and spin it on fast and you can see a wobble unless it is very slightly bent.