PDA

View Full Version : LTR Gusset Kits?

LTRracer4
11-08-2008, 09:23 AM
What works best? im getting about ready to tear down for the season, if broke my eyelets for my pegs off on both sides, ive cracked my frame on the top rail above the motormounts, ive broken 2 subframes, and a few other things. Obviously im in the market for a new frame, but when i get a new frame i want to gusset the piss out of it so i can have my reliability back next season. So what do you guys use? custom or purchased? The Walsh kit looks like a joke for the price, i know Rath offers a gusset service, but id rather just do it my self around here. Any ideas would be great!

QuadJunkies
11-09-2008, 11:53 AM
I was just wondering where the weaker points were on the LTR and wanted to know this myself for future reference.

Warnerade
11-09-2008, 01:54 PM
I have beat the crap out of my 06 frame, so far the only stress that i've seen have been right above the foot peg mounts. Besides that and the obvious factory recall on the 06's with the rear shock linkage mount needed re-welded, the LT-R has a great frame right out of the box.

BARE performace makes a gusset kit, I am about to put it on...just trying to deicde if all the gusset it comes with are over kill or not, too rigid of a frame is a bad thing lol

LTRracer4
11-09-2008, 06:06 PM
yeh, people have different luck with the frames. i talked to chad wienen about it and he said he hasnt had any major frame failures. ive had several substancial breaks... im 5'10 165lbs, chad is 10'11 398lbs and he rides a hell of alot harder then i do... doesnt make much sense, my bike is set up good and i ride smooth:confused:

tyhackman15
11-10-2008, 07:40 PM
I've heard from a few sources that the gusset kit will actually cause more damage than not using it. I guess the frame is designed to flex, and the gusset kit prevents this, causing breaks in odd places.

KingpinsEx
11-17-2008, 06:22 PM
The frame was designed with motocross in mind, should be good to go.:macho

LTRracer4
11-17-2008, 08:53 PM
im not telling you im planning for the future, im saying my frame essentially shattered, so im looking to keep that from happening to my new frame and new bike..