PDA

View Full Version : '09 Yfz450r

DBF1972
11-08-2008, 07:03 AM
I have some questions on the new YFZ "R", hopefully I can get a couple of items cleared up from you all. I have been out of racing for a couple of years, wife and I now have a 10 month old daughter, so I am out of it memory wise from my quad / racing days, so I was was trying to find out the following:

If the width is 48.8" wide, is it possible to add offset ITP wheels on it, to achieve more width? And still maintain 50" regulations?

The other thread that was posted on this site on the YFZ450R, was in regards to the weight. The "curb weight" is 405lbs, is that with fuel, oil, etc? The only thread that I noticed from all who posted replys that came to mind, was the individual whoe stated that most race quads are around the 400lb range anyway, with long travel a arms, extended swing arm, axles, etc. Seems more accurate. Please forgive me bringing this up again, but I wanted some clarification. I saw in person the KTM450SX, and that seemed so light.

Please help....

Thanks

BrettOaktree
11-08-2008, 11:14 AM
i believe that curb weight is with all the necessary fluids and 1 gallon of gas im not sure but i think so

mx1791
11-08-2008, 01:39 PM
i had 4-1 rims on my old 450r and they where almost the same offset as the stock honda and yami rims. ive noticed 3-2 offset ITPs/douglas give a little more width over stock (about an inch overall) so that will widen the front end out a little

and as far as i kno, the yami weight is with all fluids and some gas (not quite sure) so its pretty much the same weight as all the other 450's once they have fluids etc

DBF1972
11-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Thanks Guys...