PDA

View Full Version : braided break lines

Kwrazien
12-13-2002, 12:04 AM
Hey guys and gals. I have a 02 300 Ex. I do alot of trail riding. Was woundering if installing a set of braided break lines is a good mod to do. If so where is a good place to by the kit.

Pleas let me know :huh

RIDER11X
12-13-2002, 01:11 AM
HAD THOSE ON MY LAST QUAD, AND THEY ARE WELL WORTH THE MONEY. BIG IMPROVEMENT. MINE WERE A LITTLE TOUGH TO PRIME DURING INSTALLATION, BUT NOT THAT BAD.:)

crazy canadian
12-13-2002, 03:53 AM
i've got a set of braided brake lines on the way!! well worth the money. i'm getting them second hand but pretty much any shop can get you them. try the quad shop, the've got good prices.

Texan32
12-13-2002, 06:58 AM
ABSOFRIGINLOOTLY:D Like I've told others. SS brake lines is one of those modes that after you put them on, you kick yourself in the pants for not doing it sooner. Makes a world of difference. Rider is right though. Bleeding the new lines can be tricky.

RIDER11X
12-13-2002, 08:45 AM
I FOUND THAT THE EASIEST WAY TO BLEED THEM IS TO USE A VACUUM PUMP WITH A RECOVERY BOTTLE TO CATCH THE FLUID.

I BOUGHT MY LINES FROM JAMES LUCKY. THEY WERE RED. WHEN I BUY THEM AGAIN I'LL BUY THE STAINLESS WITH A CLEAR COATING ON THEM. LOOKS BETTER.:cool:

Scott400EX
12-13-2002, 08:49 AM
i just bought some too whats the easiest way to prime them?
and how much brake fluid am i gonan need?
I have never bled brake lines before and i dont wanna pay someone else to do it.
Any help would be appreciated.
Or a website with instrustions and what not.

RIDER11X
12-13-2002, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
I FOUND THAT THE EASIEST WAY TO BLEED THEM IS TO USE A VACUUM PUMP WITH A RECOVERY BOTTLE TO CATCH THE FLUID.

I BOUGHT MY LINES FROM JAMES LUCKY. THEY WERE RED. WHEN I BUY THEM AGAIN I'LL BUY THE STAINLESS WITH A CLEAR COATING ON THEM. LOOKS BETTER.:cool:

YOU'LL PROBABLY NEED ABOUT TWO BOTTLES OF FLUID.:cool:

Texan32
12-13-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Scott400EX
i just bought some too whats the easiest way to prime them?
and how much brake fluid am i gonan need?
I have never bled brake lines before and i dont wanna pay someone else to do it.
Any help would be appreciated.
Or a website with instrustions and what not.

I didn't use any more than a pint sized bottle. If you look at a local auto store, they should carry a hand operated vacuum bleeder.

Quadfather
12-13-2002, 12:10 PM
I had no problem bleeding them the standard way. I didn't even use the whole small bottle of fluid. I slipped some clear fish tank style tubing over the bleeder screw, and put the other end back in the fluid bottle, when you released the screw, it put the fluid back into the bottle.

Kwrazien
12-15-2002, 01:02 PM
Hey guys thanks for the info very helpful.

:devil

Kwrazien
12-17-2002, 05:48 PM
Who is James Lucky. And how do I get a hold of
him. Is there an web address or email to get a hold of him.

RIDER11X
12-17-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Kwrazien
Who is James Lucky. And how do I get a hold of
him. Is there an web address or email to get a hold of him.
ADS ARE IN MOST ATV MAGS, TWO PAGE BLACK AND WHITE AD LISTED AS JL OR JAMES LUCKY.