PDA

View Full Version : 525 outlaw dyno tune jetting

SMS
11-07-2008, 07:04 PM
I thought you guys may want to see this. The run wan a Polaris outlaw 525 brand new with a hmf silencer and fmf power bomb head pipe. We just did the jetting and this just jetting comparison.

SMS
11-07-2008, 07:05 PM

eerhard09
11-08-2008, 02:48 AM
SMS, we need to talk, are you new to the Wooster area? I live in Sterling, have since the early 80's (other that the years I was in the military and college) and never knew there was a shop where you guys are located. Anyway, I am running a 525 with a K&N and HMF with JD Jetting and I dynoed at 45 hp and 35 tq on a Dynojet dyno. I am interested in seeing what you guys are doing with the Outlaws because your numbers seem low. PM me with more info and maybe I can meke it down to the shop sometime soon.

By the way, did you run dyno tires or the stock knobbies for the dyno runs?

SMS
11-08-2008, 06:49 AM
Hi I have been here since 2002 but we have been queite and not advertised much. We made several parts in the past years and counted on the dealers more for a income. We now have a retail store and service shop in wooster since 2007 so it is new. We have been in a few magazines over the years for blaster parts that we made.
The stock tires were left on as the dyno tire would not bolt on. The bike also had rear independent suspension wich I would imagine takes alot out of the rear wheel hp.

eerhard09
11-08-2008, 08:58 AM
Cool, I need to get in there and check you guys out!

As for the tires, yeah, I was fortunate that the shop where I went to get dyno tuned had a set of dyno tires that were mounted on rims with the same bolt pattern. And, actually, like I said, the IRS does pretty well on the dyno with just a slip on and a K&N with no lid. Like I said, I hit 45hp and 35 tq with a torque graph very similar to yours! I do not think there is much loss through the IRS drivetrain at all!

SMS
11-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Thanks for stopping out it was nice talking to you.