PDA

View Full Version : WI Ice Racing

Bergy
11-12-2001, 11:11 AM
Hey guys and gals,
Just curious if there are any other ice racers in here. I live in WI and plan on racing the full CWIRA season this year after a few years off. I will try to post the schedule when I get the definite copy and I also have a link to cwira.com but it is not up yet due to a complete site renovation. I will also try to help on set-ups and such. Thanks.

400exRacerX
11-21-2001, 10:19 PM
I'm tearing my bike apart next week, getting the frame and the subframe powder coated yellow and the hubs blue. And I am also getting some stuff chromed. Relubing/greasing parts, cleaning everything, all maintence check ups. Then reassemble and I hit the ice for the 2001/2002 racing season.

fourtrax400ex
11-22-2001, 05:40 AM
im lookin also to ice racing this winter, there a racing season of 5 race in development in my area, in quebec. have you some tips or setup for ice racing?? what kind of tire and pin do you use, are you buying tire already pinned or do it yourself???

thanks

Bergy
11-22-2001, 04:42 PM
I use fast treckers on 6 inch wide rims in front and the usual 18x8.5x8 Cheng Shing ice tire on the rear. The rear tires have one stud per knob and the fronts have 2 in each knob, one on the bottom of the knob and one at the top. Inside row of each tire has one stud in each knob for less drag. Some guys experiment with all kinds of set-ups. Banshee guys run 20 inch tires to stay away from tire spin off the line, seems to work for them but you get better handling out of the 18's on a 4 stroke anyway. I could go on and on. Some guys like black screws ( kold kutters) other guys run the gold screws. I run the gold screws because my ice racing club allows sharpening of studs and the golds can be sharpened, the blacks not. I also like 1 inch long studs because they tend to fly out of the tire less, but you will still loose a few each season. Good Luck, anymore questions feel free to ask.

400exRacerX
11-22-2001, 06:15 PM
Yeah I run the fast trekkers 21-7-10 in the front for about 33$ a tire mounted on douglas red label rims and I run the cheng sing ice tires for about 32$ a tire 18-8.5-8 mounted on champion beadlocks in the rear. I also use the gold studs, 1/2" in the front and 1" in the rear. One stud per knob in the rear and 2 studs per knob in the front.