PDA

View Full Version : Big bore this winter, but which one?

bushwesl
11-07-2008, 10:01 AM
Here's my deal... I plan on going to a big bore this winter, but I'm having difficulty deciding on which one. The Pro-X is proven and available, but there are obviously better options out there. Then the new ESR's aren't even out yet and no one has any clue about them. I was originally planning on going with the CPI Sphynx cylinder, but haven't really found much on them. Does anyone know anything about them? I talked to K&T Performance out of Utah, and they said that they could build me one, although they've never done one before. If I went this route, does anyone have a recommendation on where to get it from? Bore/stroke? Are they available with a power valve? Any help here would be appreciated.

Master LTR450
11-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Get yourself a untouched 340 pc2000 and send it to neil!! But you cant buy a hood!!! haha :blah:

havinnoj
11-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Wes - I am going to put you in touch with some good builders who have the most experience with these motors and deal directly with CP Ind. You want to get with Pete at Piranha in Washington and McCoy Racing. I am sure fellow PS members on here (who are you?!) will be able to vouch for their far superior experience with these motors.

They come in PV and non PV. Sphynx and Puma.

Motor Bore and Stroke Combos (http://www.cpindinc.com/pub/part_list?manufacturer=2)

Most of the dealers on the site are just that and/or very specific to banshee.

havinnoj
11-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Pete at Piranha - 360-281-2274

bushwesl
11-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Thank you!