PDA

View Full Version : Rear wheel stuck on spindle!!!! help!

dbc112
11-07-2008, 07:34 AM
Trying to remove the rear wheel.. I do know it is bent a little based off the wobble I get...

Regardless, I was trying to remove the wheel last night and no deal. Even used a digging bar to slam the back of the wheel (ghetto style).

Any suggestions? Can I remove the large castle nut and remove the spindle? I guess I need a tire iron, schematic says 18mm.

Also the schematics show the bolt within the spindle is replaceable. Can these be removed? They looked welded in so I didn't even try, plus I think they are rounded.

bwamos
11-07-2008, 08:14 AM
The lugs are just press fit. An option is to put a couple nuts on the end of the lug and knock the lugs out if it's really stuck. Then once the wheel is loose you can simple hammer the lugs back into the spindle.

11-07-2008, 12:50 PM
there is no spindle on the rear wheel...it is a hub...lol...i actually had to use a dremel to cut off a lug on one of my brother in laws bikes...he had planned on it anyway and bought an extra hub...

dirtdawg
11-07-2008, 01:09 PM
heat it up! get a little propane torch and heat it up for a few minutes. then hit it and repeat and it should come off in no time. i love my propane torch.

dbc112
11-07-2008, 01:17 PM
I ended up removing the castle nut and off came the hub (aka spindle in my language)... then hammered it off. Was crazy royal PIA. Also you need big ***** socket over 1 inch to remove the castle nut.

Once it was off wasnt that bad, but really took a good whack.. good thing my wheels are a pos. Sprayed some wheel paint and good as new.

bwamos
11-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
there is no spindle on the rear wheel...it is a hub...lol...i actually had to use a dremel to cut off a lug on one of my brother in laws bikes...he had planned on it anyway and bought an extra hub...

Hub/Spindle. Tomato/Orange.. gimme a break it's Friday.. LOL.

Replace the word spindle with hub and we're all good. :P