PDA

View Full Version : RWD rims on FWD car?

fasterblaster09
11-07-2008, 06:50 AM
Well someone wants to sell me some 20" rims off of his s10, and I would like to put it on a 97 infiniti I30. Think it would fit? thks neil

11-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by fasterblaster09
Well someone wants to sell me some 20" rims off of his s10, and I would like to put it on a 97 infiniti I30. Think it would fit? thks neil

Bolt patterns are not the same. So no.

fasterblaster09
11-10-2008, 07:19 AM
the rims are universal, they will fit. I mean will they rub, will they clear the calipers. but I know now, thaks

God_Bot
11-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Universal doesn't really matter in the way of wheels, different manufactures use different bolt patterns for their cars, a wheel that might be universal for one type of car doesn't mean it will fit all cars ever made. Your car should have a bolt pattern of 5X114.3 where the S10 probably has 5X120.7, which means the holes will be in different places.

Not to mention the offset. Notice how FWD wheels have the center located towards the outside of the wheel while RWD has it towards the center? This means that by putting RWD wheels on your FWD offset car the wheels will not only stick out of the wheelwells, but I'm sure you'll have other problems relating to steering and the distribution of the cars weight thought out the wheel.

I prefer the look for RWD wheels, but sadly my Monte is a FWD. Check tirerack for some wheels, they've got a great selection along with some tech articles that might help to clear some things up for you about these so called universal wheels.

fasterblaster09
11-11-2008, 06:53 AM
tried them yesterday, rim does fit on car (universal rim...) but one of tires is bad so didn't drive it yet. I paid $150 for 20" rims with good tires, could'nt pass it up