PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Williams 09 Race build

raidernut
11-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Buddy Williams 09 Race build
This is what is done so far on Buddys race bike for 09. We have been accumulating the parts for this new build all season, and it is time to put it all together. We went with Toms Atv Four Play long travel line this year. We felt with its added travel, and ground clearance, it would be perfect for the WORCS terrain. Once again we will stick with Fox Floats, custom made for Buddy with High speed/Low speed adjusters. Really am impressed with the ATV Four Play stuff, fit and finish is superb, and Bump steer is at an absolute minimum.

raidernut
11-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Front end almost completed, just waiting on the new steering stabilizers

etondaddy
11-07-2008, 04:41 AM
Sweet.......I've been talking to Tom about his front and rear stuff for Kyle's Honda. I've seen that front end on a local DRR and it looks like some real nice stuff.

MIke Kozura

raidernut
11-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Yes his Honda stuff looks really nice, plus Tom is a great guy to deal with, always available to answer questions, and knows his stuff. I cant wait to see how this thing handles.

etondaddy
11-08-2008, 11:23 AM
That's the thing........ I'm all about people calling you back and answering the phone when you call. When I e-mailed Tom and ask him when was a good time to call he said 6am to 7pm..... now that's cool. And when I called I got a answer.

But anyway is that his blue color or did you have that done....and If so can you get me the name of the powder and were it came from. Looks like we're going with Columbia Coatings Super miror orange frame with silver metalic in the clear and that blue on the a-arms amd swing-arm. I do my own powder coating but I'll have the stuff come blue if that's Tom's. Thanks

Mike Kozura

raidernut
11-08-2008, 04:41 PM
yes its toms blue, and it looks really cool in person

riding4fun
11-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Mark,

What does it raise the clearance height to.

raidernut
11-08-2008, 05:06 PM
I believe around 7 inches. The bike we ran this year bent brake rotors, bashed up sprockets, chain tensioners, and ground the bottom of the frame flat. Definately going to like the added ground clearance for those Desert tracks. Darrell let me know when your boys ready for a high hp motor.

bulldogfallon
11-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Looking good....

Keep the pics coming

neveready
11-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by raidernut
I believe around 7 inches. The bike we ran this year bent brake rotors, bashed up sprockets, chain tensioners, and ground the bottom of the frame flat. Definately going to like the added ground clearance for those Desert tracks. Darrell let me know when your boys ready for a high hp motor.

A little curious as to how the different a-arms and Swingarms will avoid issues with rotor,sprocket or tensioner clearance??? What am I missing??:confused:

raidernut
11-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by neveready
A little curious as to how the different a-arms and Swingarms will avoid issues with rotor,sprocket or tensioner clearance??? What am I missing??:confused:

The way the ATV Four Play is designed, the overall ride heighth is taller than some of the other kits, a plus when racing Cross Country, or WORCS style circuits.

neveready
11-10-2008, 07:22 PM
But that still doesn't justify sprocket or rotor clearance, which has been an issue for us as well, the only way to get that would be taller tires. Or again am I missing something?? Just curious as we are looking into carrying the ATV Four-Play product, especially for our GNCC Riders and looking at all the added benefits, and user feedback. The build is looking GREAT!!!

raidernut
11-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Just between the maximum ground clearance arms, the taller ride heighth it will help us over obstacles such as logs, and rocks, without hanging up as much. your correct the rotor and sprocket will still be as low, but if we can manuever over the obstacles with the added ground clearance, at angles , etc. it will lessen the chances of banging these parts up. Some of our courses have been set up, to where the kids have had to climb over log piles, and come down mountains through dry rocky creek beds.