PDA

View Full Version : a few ? on a motor build

twin-shee
11-06-2008, 07:43 PM
i want to know what is the best piston, crank, jets and size carb to use or the best combination for hp without going to big bore kit? i'm going to bore the motor 40 over run on gas plus i'm going to be riding on mostly trails and little street dragging in Ga. this is my 1st time building one of this motor i have not rode this bike since 1998 after the left crank rod broke. at this moment i'm repainting the bike and i will have some picture of it in a couple of days. after i paint it i'm going to some buying motor parts for my rebuild thats why i need to know a good combination for hp and good parts that will hold up under pressure while i'm hauling a** thanks for yall help:D

P.S. U KNOW WHAT WE SHOULD DO ONCE A YEAR HAVE A BANSHEE OR ATV WEEK JUST LIKE BIKE WEEK I THINK THAT WILL BE FUN:cool:

Blaze
11-06-2008, 08:05 PM
i agree on the banshee week. sorry i know nothing on rebuilds.

87R_Racer
11-07-2008, 06:55 AM
Hotrods crank and Wiseco pistons. Also consider dropping in a +4 stroker crank and get the cylinders ported for the extra stroke. Keep the stock carbs...just jet 'em. What exhaust you runnin'? With a good port job by a reputable porter, should be able to get 75-80hp at the tires on gas.

twin-shee
11-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by 87R_Racer
Hotrods crank and Wiseco pistons. Also consider dropping in a +4 stroker crank and get the cylinders ported for the extra stroke. Keep the stock carbs...just jet 'em. What exhaust you runnin'? With a good port job by a reputable porter, should be able to get 75-80hp at the tires on gas.

i'm running a toomey t5 exhaust system and i forgot to ask should i mill the stock head or get a aftermarket head with domes and what is the max should i mill the stock head or what size domes to use thanks:D

11-07-2008, 01:37 PM
It really depends how much money you have.

If you want to really haul @ss, then

Hotrods 4mil stroker crank
Passion racing/FAST racing port job
Noss head w/ 20cc domes
Wiesco pistons.

87R_Racer
11-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by twin-shee
i'm running a toomey t5 exhaust system and i forgot to ask should i mill the stock head or get a aftermarket head with domes and what is the max should i mill the stock head or what size domes to use thanks:D

The T-5's will work great with a ported setup. If you're tight on cash, then get the stock head milled. I believe 20cc is the max for pump gas and stock port. Contact Denny at Flotekperformance.com. His prices are very reasonable, has a great turnaround time, and will help you with anything you need. He ported my 250r cylinder and I am very pleased with the power it has. It'll hang right with my banshee and other piped banshee's as well...all with a trail port and crappy FMF pipe.

99banshee
11-09-2008, 11:38 PM
I'm running a port job with the stock head milled to the max and bored .40 over with wiseco pistons and a wiseco crank with procircuit pipes. It seems to work great with the stock head milled

machwon
11-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Wiseco pistons, inframe drag pipes, v-force, 34 plus carbs, full porting and race cut stock head will get you over 75 at the rear wheels. If you're on a budget, just do the porting, head mod and have the cases ported. that should get you in the high 60's pretty easily.

Definitely don't do the big bore unless its a cub cylinder set up. Even the stroker cranks are overrated as most people can't put the whole 80-85 HP to the ground in a useable fashion.