PDA

View Full Version : on the road tool kit

tater_kamik
11-06-2008, 05:07 PM
im building/ expanding my current kit sort of speak for repairs and fixes that i will be keeping in my truck. basically, what tools, equipment, etc have yall found a need for or make sure you take with you every time? so far i have:
metric socket sets for multiple ratchet sizes both in deep and shallow
extensions
ratchets
metric box end and open end wrenches
tons of screwdrivers
torx bits
diagonal (alternative lifestyle) cutters
varying adjustable wrenches
metric and standard allen wrenches
duct tape
electrical tape
spark plugs
thread tape
zip ties
heat shrink
varying wire gauges though none for battery cables
two flashlights
soft mallet
random bolts and nuts
feeler gauge
circlip tool
liquid gasket
epoxy
brake cleaner
low pressure gauge
splices, crimps, and connectors

not sure of what else, decided to do some maintenence out of the box tomorrow to see what i need to pull out of my actual tool boxes to throw in the kit. any ideas suggestions?

wvspeedfreak
11-06-2008, 05:59 PM
A bottle opener so you can crack open a cold one while you are waiting for someone to bring you that one tool you forgot to put in there :D

mittman
11-06-2008, 07:37 PM
i dont have that much stuff but i have hammer flat head and philps screw driver, jumper cables, zip ties, cresant wrench, tire plugs, a slim jim(not the kind you eat lol), tape, alan wrenches and a flare. it seems like you got your self a assortment of tools to fix just about anything.

Lowcountrydave
11-06-2008, 09:34 PM
I carry my keys! Its a toyota, she is not allowed to break down. Hehe.

Seriously, you have enough tools to do a complete rebuild. I use to carry a 89 piece Blackhawk socket set 1/4 3/8 I need to get a kit together myself. After driving her for 17 years, she has only been towed home once, for a busted coolant hose (I was real young and didn't know much about engines at the time.)

Good luck

Dave

tater_kamik
11-07-2008, 07:50 AM
good point on the bottle opener, id say thats pretty important for sure! Its actually a kit for my quad/ the gf's bike, although i did hit 100k miles on my truck recently maybe i should be thinking about that too lol