PDA

View Full Version : two-piece main jet?

bbender85
11-06-2008, 10:01 AM
so since the build this summer my plug color has looked real good, but i figured i'd put a main jet in according to all the reccomendations i got here anyways. so i picked up a jet, took the carb apart, and come to find out the jet i bought was exactly the size that was in there. BUT..

the jet i bought was one piece; the one that was in there was a two-piece, threaded together. is (was) this like a dynojet kit or something? never seen one, so i have no idea.

NacsMXer
11-06-2008, 10:40 AM
If the end of the two-piece jet was round with a slot for a screwdriver, it was probably a dynojet. They have small round main jets that screw into an adapter piece. Also look to see if there is a "DJ" with a number after it, then its a dynojet for sure.

Just remove the two-piece jet and install the new hex type one.

bbender85
11-06-2008, 12:39 PM
yeah, i got it in just fine, it just made me wonder after the fact. it had a flat screwdriver slot too, so must be my assumption was right. i'll have to look closer for a DJ stamping... i know i saw a 170 tho.

katch26
11-06-2008, 12:46 PM
if its a dj thats a huge difference....like 8 jets

11-06-2008, 01:47 PM
there is a conversion chart on www.jetsrus.com tog o from keihin to mikun i and/or dynojunk

leasureryan
11-06-2008, 07:39 PM
I say ditch those dumd Dyno jets....Why would anyone change the jet calibration? Kinda dumb in my opinion, just trying to make it hard on everyone. I use Kehin jets only. I know how precise thier jets are, and they use a standerd measurment.