PDA

View Full Version : Malvern track in Ohio ???

leadsled01
11-06-2008, 08:27 AM
Where can I find the mini quad rules for Malvern race track? I found the Malverv Motorcross web sight but nothing about the rules. I have a 9 year old with a slightly modified eton 90 that wants to go racing next year, but I've heard that I may not be able to change to a Kiehen carb. The OKO I have now is giving me fits and upon reading many old post, I believe I want to switch to a Kiehen. What do you suggest??? The eton has extended A arms and swingarm with racing 65 lbs shocks, hetrick pipe with the stock bore and piston and new racing style reed valve/cage . Not trying to win alot but don't want to be last place either, just want to have fun. The bike is trail riden more than raced. Jerry

drt18
11-06-2008, 10:00 AM
go to www.racecra.com

drt18
11-06-2008, 10:02 AM
SORRY WWW.RACECRA.ORG

leadsled01
11-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by drt18
SORRY WWW.RACECRA.ORG Thanks for the link. Still no mention of the kiehen carb issue. I will call the phone number to verify. Jerry

yfz450ba
11-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by leadsled01
Where can I find the mini quad rules for Malvern race track? I found the Malverv Motorcross web sight but nothing about the rules. I have a 9 year old with a slightly modified eton 90 that wants to go racing next year, but I've heard that I may not be able to change to a Kiehen carb. The OKO I have now is giving me fits and upon reading many old post, I believe I want to switch to a Kiehen. What do you suggest??? The eton has extended A arms and swingarm with racing 65 lbs shocks, hetrick pipe with the stock bore and piston and new racing style reed valve/cage . Not trying to win alot but don't want to be last place either, just want to have fun. The bike is trail riden more than raced. Jerry

I dont know if CRA has stock and modified classes, we have run the HS and its just age groups mod and stock ran togeather. Now at GNCC you would have to run that in Modified, with different shocks and a-arms, thats modified

Ryko racing
11-06-2008, 11:43 AM
CRA RUNS QUAD 90 JR AND SR 90 (10 AND OVER) MUST HAVE AUTOMATIC TRANS, STOCK AND PRODUCTION RACE TOGETHER SO YOU WILL NEED SOME POWER. IT IS A FUN SERIES TO RACE AND THE PEOPLE ARE DECENT TO WORK WITH BUT THERE IS NOT MUCH CLASS STRUCTURE.(CVT AND COBRAS RACE TOGETHER)

leadsled01
11-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Ryko racing
CRA RUNS QUAD 90 JR AND SR 90 (10 AND OVER) MUST HAVE AUTOMATIC TRANS, STOCK AND PRODUCTION RACE TOGETHER SO YOU WILL NEED SOME POWER. IT IS A FUN SERIES TO RACE AND THE PEOPLE ARE DECENT TO WORK WITH BUT THERE IS NOT MUCH CLASS STRUCTURE.(CVT AND COBRAS RACE TOGETHER) Great! Thanks to all. Jerry

drt18
11-06-2008, 01:57 PM
cobras can race but they are not scored.

LT80
11-07-2008, 07:12 AM
The CRA is basically a "run what ya brung" organization.
Even tho I've not been to a CRA race in years, I think the rules are close to the same.
Run the Keihn. :)

Logan #34's Dad
11-07-2008, 11:51 PM
We run many races with CRA. If your gonna run in the 90 cvt you'd better be up on your game. There are 3 or 4 kids that are National Caliber riders that really fly. Your E-ton with mods will be fine. Basically like ATVA - Stock cases in stock frame. Everything else is pretty much good to go. Check the cc limits as well because they my be able to be more than 90. Malvern always has a large quad turn out. There is a Benefit race there on Sunday I believe. It is a very fast track.
As far as Cobra's - They have ran but are not legal for CRA because the rules specify "belt driven". I belive if there were enough Cobra's wanting to race then they would set up classes for the shifter.

LT80
11-08-2008, 06:58 AM
"I belive if there were enough Cobra's wanting to race then they would set up classes for the shifter."

Maybe. Years ago I tried getting them to allow 70/90cc mods.
They didn't want anything to do with em.
You have to understand the mindset of the CRA. They told me that the AMA calls them for rules..LMAO

Run the carb. Last race I was at, there was a LT80 in the 70cc class. I don't think they care much till your a front runner week after week.

rookiewrench
11-09-2008, 01:42 PM
According to the rules you can run a cobra if you have a stock frame and case according to page 6 rule #3. My son was able to race his cobra but he did not receive points but did receive his recognition at the award for that day.

zach R 7x
11-09-2008, 07:42 PM
malvern is a fun ,fast track . mini quad turn out is really good .rules are pretty layed back until you start running up front everytime.i do beleive that mods haveto be bolt on , sounds like your quad would be just fine in the sr mini quad [70cc-95cc] most kids that run the sr class are ages 10-15yrs old and they do sometimes run the sr and jr quads together in different gate drops. competition in both classes is really good. prices for gate fee and race fee are not to bad either [10.00 ,20.00 ] and you must have a cra card to compete, which you can get at the track. you can come to the summit indoor races and see what cra races are like, plus see some exciting racing.hope to see you there next year . run the keihn i just got one for my new 90 apex.

Logan #34's Dad
11-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Hey Zach R, You need to update your signature to THE dad of the CRA Champion!!!!!!! Congrats. Can't wait to see Zach on a Duel a-arm quad. It will make him better I believe. The 90's should be a fun class next year.
Rocky

zach R 7x
11-10-2008, 03:41 AM
thanks logans dad , i will change it as soon as i can ,this was a fun year and we are very proud of zach! missed you at malvern, was looking forward to watching zach and logan race each other again. maybe we will see you at summit . zach lookes pretty good on his new apex,he is still not 100 percent adjusted to it yet.but it will come.

leadsled01
11-10-2008, 07:42 AM
Awesome responsis,, Looking forward to next years Malvern season. My son is 9 years old now and won't be 10 untill end of May 2009. Will they make him switch from jr to sr mid year??? And, when is the Summit indoor event? Jerry

rookiewrench
11-10-2008, 08:41 AM
The Summit indoors is January 9-11 and Feb. 27-28 Mar. 1

I don't beleive that they will make your son switch in the middle of the year I believe it goes by the age as of January 1 and is good for the hole year.

If you are interested in going south a little there is a indoor series that is in Northern Kentucky that has races for quads only.
The place is called Earlywine and you can get more info. from their site.

www.earlywineracing.com

mini racer #39
11-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Earlywine is a GREAT indoor track. We had an indoor track about 15 minutes from our house that Erik would NOT ride at. Every time he rode there he got sick. The vent system was not very good. We would drive 300 miles one way just to race at Earlywine. Erik had his first BIGGY at this track and had to go to the hospital. We ended up waiting for about an hour in the waiting room and Erik finally said NO MORE...Dad take me back to the track. Jerry felt Erik's shoulder and It finally popped back into place. We loaded up and got back to the track just in time for his first moto. The quads waited at the line for him while we unloaded it again and sent him back out onto the track. Everyone there is great and we are hoping to go back there again this winter.

Ryko racing
11-10-2008, 12:06 PM
THE RULEBOOK STATES UP TO 90 CC AND AN AUTOMATIC CLUTCH,
I BELIEVE COBRA SINGLE SPEED 70 AND 75 CC ARE LEGAL AS LONG AS THERE IS NO FOOT SHIFTER. (I have left messages with cra but have gotten no return in 30 days)

zach R 7x
11-10-2008, 02:13 PM
my son turned 10 in aug. this year and we did not have to change classes .for rules or any questions call peggy at330-466-6070or e-mail her and you can get her e-mail address off racecra.org , does earlywine get alot of mini quads? we were thinking about running that event this year sounds like a good race.

mini racer #39
11-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Last time we were there they had quite a few. It's nice there because they split up the quads and bikes. One weekend quads onlyand the next weekend bikes only. No bike ruts that way.