PDA

View Full Version : Oil Blockage?

Crazy lil punk
11-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Hey guys,
My motor is not getting oil. I poured oil into the crankcase, and then oil into the tank, and all the oil just ends up in the tank after running , and none in the case. I pulled the one screen out of the bottom of the tank and it is still doing it. any ideas?
thanks, Joe

ohsobad_chevy
11-05-2008, 04:21 PM
What do you mean the screen is still doing it........getting clogged?

#17YFZRACER
11-05-2008, 04:48 PM
how do u know there is no oil in the case?

Crazy lil punk
11-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by ohsobad_chevy
What do you mean the screen is still doing it........getting clogged?

No, i cleaned the screen, and it is now clean, but the motor is still not getting oil

Crazy lil punk
11-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by #17YFZRACER
how do u know there is no oil in the case?

When I pull the plug on the case nothing comes out.

greenblood01
11-05-2008, 07:38 PM
You mean its not getting oil to the top end? If you're pouring oil into the crank case, then the motor HAS oil, where is it that the oil is not getting to?

Crazy lil punk
11-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by greenblood01
You mean its not getting oil to the top end? If you're pouring oil into the crank case, then the motor HAS oil, where is it that the oil is not getting to?

Correct me if I am wrong, but the oil pumps through the motor, into the external oil resivor, then back into the motor? My oil pumps into the external resi, but does not pump back into the motor. I get more oil in my external resi then i put into it to start, and no oil in my motor.

#17YFZRACER
11-05-2008, 09:22 PM
check the oil line on the bottom of the tank. could be the problem

ohsobad_chevy
11-06-2008, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by #17YFZRACER
check the oil line on the bottom of the tank. could be the problem

You might want to read the thread b4 replying.......He has already done that. ;)

Crazy lil punk
11-06-2008, 07:57 AM
yeah, haha thanks chevy. Does anyone know which way the oil system circulates through the motor? Like which side it goes in and which side it goes out? And where my pumps might be located? I think I have it all down, but if you guys could throw up some ideas it could definatly help because as of now everything looks good, but its still not getting oil..

Crazy lil punk
11-09-2008, 02:03 PM
anyone? I guess I have to take it to the stealership.

jrspawn
11-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Hey whats up. Have you removed the oil lines and blew through them with compressed air yet? Check the oil pump/strainer out also? There is a good bit to the oiling system, but it shouldnt be hard to pinpoint. Also, how long have you ran it while its doing this?

Your also more than welcome to bring it down anytime and ill help you out with it.

Thank you
Justin

Crazy lil punk
11-10-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Hey whats up. Have you removed the oil lines and blew through them with compressed air yet? Check the oil pump/strainer out also? There is a good bit to the oiling system, but it shouldnt be hard to pinpoint. Also, how long have you ran it while its doing this?

Your also more than welcome to bring it down anytime and ill help you out with it.

Thank you
Justin

Yo, whats going on Justin? I did pull the lines off and they are flowing good, and I checked/cleaned the strainer, but tell me more about the pump? Is that on the top of the oil tank?

jrspawn
11-10-2008, 06:42 PM
the pump is behind right(clutch) side case cover. Its not really that easy to explane how to check for wear, but visually if anything is broken, you will see.

Crazy lil punk
11-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
the pump is behind right(clutch) side case cover. Its not really that easy to explane how to check for wear, but visually if anything is broken, you will see.

good looking out, I am going to take a look at it through the schematic(sp?) on bike bandit b4 I go tearing it apart. Thank you for that info.