PDA

View Full Version : Obama asks McCain for help running country!

Mxjunkie
11-04-2008, 10:10 PM
CHICAGO – Barack Obama asked John McCain for his help in leading the country in a telephone call Tuesday night, moments after the Democratic senator was elected the country's first black president.

Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs said Obama thanked McCain for his graciousness and told him he had waged a tough race.

"Senator Obama told Senator McCain he was consistently someone who has showed class and honor during this campaign as he has during his entire life in public service," Gibbs said in a statement. "Senator Obama said he was eager to sit down and talk about how the two of them can work together."

Gibbs quoted Obama as saying to McCain: "I need your help, you're a leader on so many important issues"

President Bush called Obama shortly after the Illinois senator hung up with McCain, and then Obama watched McCain's concession speech from his suite in the Hyatt Regency hotel

------------------

Hey maybe there is still some hope.. :p

madskrillz2
11-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
CHICAGO – Barack Obama asked John McCain for his help in leading the country in a telephone call Tuesday night, moments after the Democratic senator was elected the country's first black president.

Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs said Obama thanked McCain for his graciousness and told him he had waged a tough race.

"Senator Obama told Senator McCain he was consistently someone who has showed class and honor during this campaign as he has during his entire life in public service," Gibbs said in a statement. "Senator Obama said he was eager to sit down and talk about how the two of them can work together."

Gibbs quoted Obama as saying to McCain: "I need your help, you're a leader on so many important issues"

President Bush called Obama shortly after the Illinois senator hung up with McCain, and then Obama watched McCain's concession speech from his suite in the Hyatt Regency hotel

------------------

Hey maybe there is still some hope.. :p

I hope so. I wonder what that makes all the people that voted for Obama think?

Mxjunkie
11-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Well in Obamas speech he said he was going to help them out as well, maybe he is going to work with McCain and make things appeal for both parties so everyone will calm down some.

Cr85rRida
11-04-2008, 10:31 PM
He is being realistic, this isint a walk in the park running our nation in the condition it is. McCain probably has a lot to offer, just not enough to win the election though.

Maybe this country needs two presidents.

either that our he was just being a nice guy over the phone. lol

Mxjunkie
11-04-2008, 10:34 PM
It would sure tone down a lot of the drama that is about to unfold, I think Palin hurt McCain in the race but McCain is a person that NEEDS to be in the white house, some way some how.. I say we make him the head of home land security and defense.. He'd do just fine.. It's usually a phone call that is always made, but.. with the way the world is today who knows..

One_Bad_400
11-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
I hope so. I wonder what that makes all the people that voted for Obama think?

they dont think nothin. lol. MOST of obama's voters voted becasue he is black. they just happy they got a brotha a title. thats all they care about

reptikes
11-05-2008, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
they dont think nothin. lol. MOST of obama's voters voted becasue he is black. they just happy they got a brotha a title. thats all they care about

Yep you got us there.:rolleyes:

reptikes
11-05-2008, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Cr85rRida
He is being realistic, this isint a walk in the park running our nation in the condition it is. McCain probably has a lot to offer, just not enough to win the election though.

Maybe this country needs two presidents.

Perfectly put.

bwamos
11-05-2008, 09:31 AM

61% of Obama's voters were white. You can't win solely on a minority vote. (It's why it's called a minority). I'm sure quite a few african americans voted for him because he's black and no other reason. But I'd wager the vast majority of the rest would have voted democrat whether he was black, white, yellow, or purple. I'm sure there were also some white union workers that secretly voted Republican for the first time as well because he was black.

The political environment turned drastically into the democrats favor. If it hadn't it could have been a lot closer with tighter races in many of the states hit hard by the economic changes.

Also, McCain's concession speech was his best speech yet. If he would have given such fluent and heartfelt speeches like that during the campaign, I could only imagine. I've can not recall a more heartfelt and patriotic speech from a politician. And the way he took charge of the crowd, showed the leadership he should have shown on the campaign trail. I've heard many concession speeches before but you could tell he beleived and had conviction in what he was saying.

ZeroLogic
11-05-2008, 10:44 AM
I was just tellin a guy at work that if we got Obama and McCain working together, we'll be better off.:macho

Mxjunkie
11-05-2008, 10:57 AM
This aint cool.. :ermm:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081105/ap_on_re_eu/eu_russia_medvedev

madskrillz2
11-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
61% of Obama's voters were white. You can't win solely on a minority vote. (It's why it's called a minority). I'm sure quite a few african americans voted for him because he's black and no other reason. But I'd wager the vast majority of the rest would have voted democrat whether he was black, white, yellow, or purple. I'm sure there were also some white union workers that secretly voted Republican for the first time as well because he was black.

The political environment turned drastically into the democrats favor. If it hadn't it could have been a lot closer with tighter races in many of the states hit hard by the economic changes.

Also, McCain's concession speech was his best speech yet. If he would have given such fluent and heartfelt speeches like that during the campaign, I could only imagine. I've can not recall a more heartfelt and patriotic speech from a politician. And the way he took charge of the crowd, showed the leadership he should have shown on the campaign trail. I've heard many concession speeches before but you could tell he beleived and had conviction in what he was saying.

You're right. I think all the campaigning Obama did is what won him the election. All I saw on TV for almost a year was Obama. No sight of McCain until they hit the home stretch. If McCain had campaigned as hard as Obama did, there probably would have been a different outcome in the election.

madskrillz2
11-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
This aint cool.. :ermm:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081105/ap_on_re_eu/eu_russia_medvedev

And no that is not cool. Talk about the last thing we need.

MXQUAD294
11-05-2008, 12:07 PM
You're right. I think all the campaigning Obama did is what won him the election. All I saw on TV for almost a year was Obama. No sight of McCain until they hit the home stretch. If McCain had campaigned as hard as Obama did, there probably would have been a different outcome in the election.

Obama spent $573 million on his campaign vs McCain's $293 million.

madskrillz2
11-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by MXQUAD294

My point exactly. I guess McCain thought he had it in the bag because Obama is black.

ben300
11-05-2008, 12:37 PM
My point exactly. I guess McCain thought he had it in the bag because Obama is black.

no..he didtn have the financial banking that obama had

waren buffet gave barack $134 million....thats half of what mccain spent....not to mention the hundreds of millions donated by celebrities and such

the price for propoganda must be high these days

<DRS>GPF
11-05-2008, 12:38 PM

while its also unfounded speculation that most who voted for McCain did so because he's white..

tit for tat..:blah:

<DRS>GPF
11-05-2008, 01:00 PM

this is another of my peeves about politics.. in both cases, a rediculous about of money was spent..

hardly looks like the US is in fincancial trouble with those idiotic spending sprees.

MXQUAD294
11-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF
this is another of my peeves about politics.. in both cases, a rediculous about of money was spent..

hardly looks like the US is in fincancial trouble with those idiotic spending sprees.

Amen to that. Between the two, they were able to come up with almost a BILLION dollars for what is essentially advertising.

madskrillz2
11-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by ben300
no..he didtn have the financial banking that obama had

waren buffet gave barack $134 million....thats half of what mccain spent....not to mention the hundreds of millions donated by celebrities and such

the price for propoganda must be high these days

Well either way it still seemed like McCain wasn't too worried about winning until these last few weeks. Don't get me wrong, I wanted him to win, but it just seems he didn't forth the effort Obama did.

ml450r
11-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Amen to that. Between the two, they were able to come up with almost a BILLION dollars for what is essentially advertising.

They put that money right into the economy, it was spent here...:)

11-06-2008, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by bwamos

agreed...especially with his concession speech...i turned to my wife and said.."if he would have had more speeches like that he would have won"...and john mccain is a good man, and would have won if he didn't follow george bush...it really is that simple. like it or not G.W. has ruined it for repubs for now...right or wrong it's a fact...