PDA

View Full Version : lsr swinger elka LT rear shock prob!!

woodsracer144
11-04-2008, 06:04 PM
i got a elka shocks with the elka Lt linkage, i had the set up in my stock swinger and it was fine... my buddy sold me a lone star swinger and i was tryin to put it in tonight and i couldnt get it... my shock hits the part that runs with the pivot bolt... for reinforcemet.. i took the elka link out and threw the stock in and it would work... my elka is about a 1/2in to a 1in longer and i dont get it... there are also two mouting spots on the swinger...

any one know what the deal is?

also. my buddy has a 400ex with a custom axis rear shock and stock link and he has more travle with the axis, i have the elka and the link and its ***** compaired to his shock i dont get this at all!!! realy need some help.

the pic is the same swing arm i have but i think the changed a little... its +1 1/4....

thanks

drew416ex
11-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Im not sure about the extra mounting hole because my lsr swinger only has one. As far as the linkage, im thinking the hole where the shock mounts is moved to allow more travel which puts it closer to that swingarm reinforcement. The axis longtravel is different because its a longer shock than the elka. Im not sure what you should do to fix it and still get to run the same parts. Call elka, they may beable to tell you what to do.

woodsracer144
11-05-2008, 10:36 AM
any one know the number off hand? thanks

if you look at the pic of the swinger i put up theres 2 different ones...

drew416ex
11-05-2008, 01:33 PM
elkas number is 1-800-557-0552.

woodsracer144
11-05-2008, 04:50 PM
i called them and they said they never had this before i have to send them pics and they are gonna see if they can get up a set up that will work....

drew416ex
11-05-2008, 08:57 PM
cool. maybe they can figure something out.