PDA

View Full Version : fan problems

somewon
11-04-2008, 11:09 AM
Ok, so I was doing a little maintenace on my quad this weekend and my fan no longer works. I have current comming across all connections to the fan, but she will not turn. Anybody else have a similar problem, or a good place to get a new fan from?

thanks,

Adam

sheriff525
11-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Mine too. I eventually left it and came back later and now it works again...wierd? No more trust in it tho!

tyguy39
11-04-2008, 03:47 PM
check the pins inside the sending unit plug on the rad
unplug the connection and make sure they are all pushed in

somewon
11-05-2008, 07:12 AM
I'll try that and see if that works.

I'm thinking of running an override switch to my bars so I can manually turn it on if I feel there is a problem.

sheriff525
11-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Hey Someone, Why does it say "Homemade MX tracks are very hazardous."? I imagin there is a storey. In my head i am thinking it was probably one of those funny moments you can't help but laugh

somewon
11-06-2008, 07:21 AM
A few years ago I got invited to ride on a home built MX track with the landings narrower than the launches. Only my two right tires touched the landing and I did a wonderful cartwheel through the air. a few stitches and some road rash later I am a lot more picky where I jump.

somewon
11-13-2008, 07:25 AM
As an update, I saved some money and ordered an automotive fan from summit racing. it bolted right into the stock housing and all I really had to do was swap the fan blades. If anyone wants I can post the part number.

Chuck75
07-06-2009, 01:26 PM
ya I want it. the g/f ran hers in water this weekend and fan quit?

somewon
07-07-2009, 09:09 AM
I'll look it up when I get home. the new one was half the price of OEM and had a higher CFM.

sparks1032
07-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Any luck on that part number?

my fan stopped running because the wiring broke off at the raditor...

meangeno69
08-14-2009, 10:07 PM
You probably fixed it by now but your temp senser probiably went out (happend to me) its the senser that screws into the side if the radiator next to the over fill resivour. To see if it is the senser follow the wires till you find the plug for it un hook it and find a small piece of wire and stick both ends in the hook up that goes to the fan and this will over ride the fan and turn the key on and if your fan comes on it means the serser is bad. If it doesn't you have to replace fan. Senser 50 dollers. Fan 200 dollers

sparks1032
08-15-2009, 08:13 PM
My temp sensor cracked off so now my fan goes on as soon as I turn the key. I fixed it just by wiring it together for a long time fix NOW six rides later have just not gotten back to it.

dbrider
08-16-2009, 06:26 PM
fan stoped working last day of a 2 week trip my son was riding so I can't say for sure what all happened,,,I thought water in the fan or bad conection as I got the fan to run today off the machine,,,pluged it back in an all seems well,,,before I put it back together i use a cleaning brush on parts I can't get to an low an behold smoke rises up out the the pigtail wire harness for the fan where the wires comes out of the main harness,,seems there is a nick on the wire where the battery hold down strap rubs the wire,,maybe worth looking into,,,I don't understand this sytem real well but seems there's a hot wire there an I'll bet there's a circuit breaker on it as I heard what sounded like a breaker opening an closing ealier,,,somewhat of a guess here but I think it's worth looking at in any case,,,,Dan

somewon
08-17-2009, 06:43 AM
I lost the part number for the replacement fan, but you can go to summitracing .com and search for perma-cool. just find the fan that is the same size as the factory unit and it will swap out into the factory bracket.

Here is an example, I'm not sure if this is the right size without taking mine off and measuring.

Part number PRM-19120