PDA

View Full Version : Carborator Question

11-12-2001, 06:24 AM
A local shop put my airfiltwer back on very loose and it came off when I was riding and I did not know it and subsequently probably sucked in a lot of dust, and now it will not start. I guess I need to clean the carb., but do you all know anything else that could have been damaged? Also what concerns are there while cleaning the carb.

I put the choke on and it started briefly, but when I hit the gas, no reaction, and subsequent shutoff.

Please help

moto93
11-12-2001, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by elijah5912
I guess I need to clean the carb., but do you all know anything else that could have been damaged?

Rings, piston, cylinder, valves... depending on how much dirt got in your motor.

It may be the carb. just needs cleaning but I wouldn't be suprised if the rings are wasted. You'll have to do a compression check to see how bad it really is.

oynot400
11-12-2001, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by moto93

Rings, piston, cylinder, valves... depending on how much dirt got in your motor.

It may be the carb. just needs cleaning but I wouldn't be suprised if the rings are wasted. You'll have to do a compression check to see how bad it really is.

i agree with moto93, I would do a compression test first. That will tell you which direction to go. If your compression is low I would go back to that shop and start chewing butt! :mad: