PDA

View Full Version : Gearing question on my shee! Help please!!!

99banshee
11-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Ok right now i have a 15 tooth on the front and the stock 41 on the rear. My question is that i would like to put the 16 that i have on the front but to me it doesn't look like it will fit! I have a stock chain. It looks like the chain will rub the case with the 16 on. Can someone help me out with this and let me know if it will rub or not or what i have to do for the 16 to work? Thanks!!!

hennermx
11-04-2008, 09:26 AM
I have used the 16/41 set up before it will not rub but your stock chain might not be long enough stock is 104 links.

99banshee
11-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Ok thanks i was wondering cause it just looks really close has anyone else used a 16 front and 41 rear before?

11-04-2008, 05:30 PM
hot damn... what kinda riding do you do?

After switching to a 12 tooth front.. the 14 feels so sluggish and over-geared. I can only imagine 16:eek2:

99banshee
11-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Lol yeah i want it to run all the way around. Like i said i have a 15 now and it felt great but i have had the whole motor done since then and it has alot more power and it just feels like it runs out of gear fast in 5th and 6th. I mostly just play around on the dirt roads where i live and then i like to hurt peoples feelings that think they wanna race lol. My friend had one that he was running a 17 on and it was crazy fast with all his motor work. We got him on the radar gun on the highway going 87MPH coming out of 4th going to 5th. But he had about 80hp at the rear wheels! What gearing do you use and what kind of riding do you do DMC?

Blaze
11-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Wow, lol i can't imagine

martimatt550
11-05-2008, 03:51 AM
wow hold on !!!!!!!!!!!!! that sounds sick:eek2: :eek2:

11-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by 99banshee
Lol yeah i want it to run all the way around. Like i said i have a 15 now and it felt great but i have had the whole motor done since then and it has alot more power and it just feels like it runs out of gear fast in 5th and 6th. I mostly just play around on the dirt roads where i live and then i like to hurt peoples feelings that think they wanna race lol. My friend had one that he was running a 17 on and it was crazy fast with all his motor work. We got him on the radar gun on the highway going 87MPH coming out of 4th going to 5th. But he had about 80hp at the rear wheels! What gearing do you use and what kind of riding do you do DMC?

We run a stock rear with a 12 tooth front. We mostly ride at coalmines and some local trails. Even at the coalmines you never max it out even with the 12 tooth. 14 stock is a little sluggish nevermind 16.

Plus, its great in trails now. We figure if you cant max it out, make her accelerate like hell!:devil:

Blaze
11-05-2008, 03:13 PM
yeah i have this long stretch of road thats flat to start then goes uphill i never got in 6th gear yet... it made it to 5th

99banshee
11-05-2008, 07:32 PM
we don't really have any tight trails to ride here but we do have alot of places just to flat out let it fly. I have ran 96mph on mine before but it was close to maxed out. I wish we did have some tight trails i like riding like that. DMC is your shee stock or with some things done to the motor?

11-06-2008, 01:21 PM
we don't really have any tight trails to ride here but we do have alot of places just to flat out let it fly. I have ran 96mph on mine before but it was close to maxed out. I wish we did have some tight trails i like riding like that. DMC is your shee stock or with some things done to the motor?

Actually haven't even ridden it yet. Bought it as a project and it's almost done.

My cylinders/top end kit should be coming back from passion today or tomorow. Then when it's broken in im installing the 916's and I have myself lined up to trade my ps2 for a trinity cool head with 20cc domes.

The 12 tooth is so much fun and feel's really snappy.

99banshee
11-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
Actually haven't even ridden it yet. Bought it as a project and it's almost done.

My cylinders/top end kit should be coming back from passion today or tomorow. Then when it's broken in im installing the 916's and I have myself lined up to trade my ps2 for a trinity cool head with 20cc domes.

The 12 tooth is so much fun and feel's really snappy. Sounds like it will be a fun ride and i bet that 12 is snappy cause my 15 is so i can only imagine! And those 916's sound sick!!!!!! I want some so bad i can't stand it. But i have got to get rid of my pro circuit platinums first. So if anyone has a got a good set of DMC 916's they want to get rid of or want to trade for my pro circuits let me know!!!!!!!!

Blaze
11-06-2008, 05:06 PM
I have a question i have the stock 14/41 gears what if i went to a 13/41? would that be a smart move? i really dont go fast enough to use my 6th gear all the time but i want it a bit quicker but i do want some top end that i can open it up and go?

11-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Sounds like it will be a fun ride and i bet that 12 is snappy cause my 15 is so i can only imagine! And those 916's sound sick!!!!!! I want some so bad i can't stand it. But i have got to get rid of my pro circuit platinums first. So if anyone has a got a good set of DMC 916's they want to get rid of or want to trade for my pro circuits let me know!!!!!!!!

I had t5's and had an opportunity to trade and didnt bat an eyelash. lol.

Blaze- that would be a smart move. 13 is a good in-between. But even with the 12 my dads shee still pulls like 70 so..
Im thinking of maybe a 13 too.

Blaze
11-06-2008, 05:30 PM
alright, i will do i need to replace the rear anyway so im just gonna swap out new 13/41 and new chain. the guy didn't take care of the chain well so ill replace it all.

11-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Blaze
alright, i will do i need to replace the rear anyway so im just gonna swap out new 13/41 and new chain. the guy didn't take care of the chain well so ill replace it all.

if he didn't take care of the chain then definitely do. banshees have so much horsepower they're notorious for throwing chains and cracking cases:p

Blaze
11-06-2008, 06:00 PM
yeah doesn't look like he lubed it at all, so yes i am ordering the whole deal haha. Renthal probably.

99banshee
11-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Yeah I would definitly replace that chain cause it go bust the case if your not runnin a case saver and a wore out chain will reduce the life out your gears cause of it not fitting on the teeth right so good idea! Yall are talkin bout running a 13 man i wouldn't know what to do cause i have never road one with anything less than a 15 so i think the 13 would be a great gear if you barely ever get into 6th. I'm in 6th all the time where i live it is wild when your running 80mph and better down dirt roads and highway!!!!:devil:

Blaze
11-07-2008, 11:19 PM
im a track/trail rider. i dont need that much speed under my butt. lol id rather go fast quick.

11-08-2008, 05:51 AM
Yeah I would definitly replace that chain cause it go bust the case if your not runnin a case saver and a wore out chain will reduce the life out your gears cause of it not fitting on the teeth right so good idea! Yall are talkin bout running a 13 man i wouldn't know what to do cause i have never road one with anything less than a 15 so i think the 13 would be a great gear if you barely ever get into 6th. I'm in 6th all the time where i live it is wild when your running 80mph and better down dirt roads and highway!!!!:devil:

A little off topic.. but how are those knarly rears? Hook up well??

And Blaze, now that you're part of the cult, you might want to sign up on bansheehq.com if you haven't already.

Great site dedicated to just banshee's. Lots of help there and stuff for sale.

Blaze
11-08-2008, 07:15 AM

And Blaze, now that you're part of the cult, you might want to sign up on bansheehq.com if you haven't already.

Great site dedicated to just banshee's. Lots of help there and stuff for sale.

Nope, i havn't but i will now :]

99banshee
11-09-2008, 09:05 PM

Great site dedicated to just banshee's. Lots of help there and stuff for sale. I like the knarly rears. They may not be the best tire so far as grip in dry dirt but just for normal riding i like them cause they last for a while and don't get punctured easy because they are 6 ply. So i guess all around they are good it just depends on you riding style i guess.