PDA

View Full Version : November 23, 2008, Millville Nj Hare Scramble! Big Cash Payout!

Dale@AGP
11-03-2008, 02:26 PM
2009 AGP schedule coming

JGlaze
11-15-2008, 03:23 PM
Is the race on November 23rd going to happen? It's not on the schedule on the website.

NM I saw the other post about the cancellation. Bummer man

Dale@AGP
11-16-2008, 04:54 AM
NO!... The 2008 Atlantic Grand Prix season is over as of October 19th 2008 with the Sahara Sands Grand Prix in Eagleswood New Jersey which was our last event for the season!

To start off..... this post is extremely difficult for me and believe me no one is more frustrated and disappointed than I am with the way the 2008 AGP season went! To say that I apologize would be a gross understatement.

While we had plans to wrap up the 2008 AGP season with three more events... those plans changed earlier this week after discussions with the landowner of one of the properties we're partnering with for future long term OHV recreation at this property. (There will be an announcement shortly on that!)

So with that being said and with numerous discussions with many of our AGP supporters, it was agreed to end the 2008 AGP season now and prepare for the 2008 AGP banquet which is tentatively schedule for January in Mount Laurel NJ... We’re wrapping up the details now and I’ll be posting info shortly.

Our goal now is to solidify our 2009 Atlantic Grand Prix dates starting with our first event on January 4th, with events running in January, February, March, April May, June, Sept and ending Oct or November.

These locations are CONFIRMED for the 2009 Atlantic Grand Prix series and they include the two GNCCs we co-sanctioned in 2008:
Barnegat NJ
Millville NJ
Eagleswood NJ
Springfield NJ
Little Egg Harbor NJ
Summerset PA
Unadilla NY

Again, I sincerely apologize for this turn of events, but AGP was lucky to even salvage any races in 2008 after our best intended plans went astray in LEH earlier in the season. Fortunately we have some really great people that ride and volunteer their time with the series and we were able to pull off a 7 race series this year. Again thanks to all those that came out and supported the 2008 AGP series... because of you OHV recreation and racing has a future in New Jersey.

Dale

A.Nominus
11-16-2008, 01:12 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While we had plans to wrap up the 2008 AGP season with three more events... those plans changed earlier this week after discussions with the landowner of one of the properties were we’ve partnered with them for a long term strategy on future OHV recreation at this property.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Based on the statement above I don't understand the reason for cancelling the remaining 3 races. How did a discussion with a landowner of one of the properties that you're partnered with lead to the cancellation of 3 races at different locations?

Dale@AGP
11-16-2008, 02:03 PM
Yes... the Nov 23rd and Dec 7th events were at the same location and that's the location where we're working with the landowner on something that is much bigger than just races.

The last race of the 2008 season was going to be January 4th at another location and it was decided to just make that the first race of the 2009 AGP season.

It wasn't an easy decision, but after talking it over with the many racers who came down to prepare the new property it was 100% agreement to end the series now so that we can use this location for the 2009 AGP series.

Dave, hopefully that answers your question.

Jamie@Cardiostack
11-18-2008, 03:35 PM
Well Im sorry to hear that Dale ! I was looking foward to millville this weekend cause Ive heard great things about the property. I hope everyone understands how hard you worked to get the races for us this year and hopefully you encounter alot less opposition next year and we keep racing in jersey. Thanks for everything!

Dale@AGP
11-19-2008, 04:55 AM
Thanks Jamie,

AGP was lucky to pull off any series this year after being asked by LEH township to hold off on races on that property, while we go through the formal review for the OHV park.

Lesson learned.... was don't put all your eggs into one basket.

Fortunately, AGP had friends that stepped forward with land and we were able to keep the series running while we secured more land for additional events.

By keeping the AGP series running we were able to keep donating 100% of our gate proceeds to local non-profits all making YOU the rider look good.

What this did.... was it opened the door in other communities for race venues... one of which is the Millville property... who's owners now want AGP to help develope that into an OHV park with State help.

We picked up the Springfield property as well this way so yes the model works.

The great thing about all of this is for 2009 AGP will have a lot more properties to host events on which is only going to be better for all the riders and the sport.

Again thanks for your support.

Dale

sunco
12-30-2008, 07:12 AM
Dale - we've known about you for sometime now. We have friends that race the series. The boys are older ........ We will be 1st time racers as well in the series. Like everyone else - as long as our bones, quads & money hold out. Keep up the great work - your in our prayers. Have a wonderful New Year.

Regards,

Don E. AKA Sunrise