PDA

View Full Version : High Performance Racing Steering Stabilizers

raidernut
11-03-2008, 08:58 AM
my earlier post was deleted probably due to advertising rules, so i will word it differently. Is there an interest out there in a true High performance steering stabilizer made as a bolt on for the DRR. would not be a stick type, but a design such as the elka, precision, etc.? would not be cheap, but would be a great addition to a high end race bike. they really help with rider fatigue, and handling. just wondering if im the only one wanting a real steering stabilizer for my racer?

mcwilly
11-03-2008, 09:41 AM
Yep.
There's a guy on ebay that makes custom cnc stabilizers (puck style) that I bought for my quad a couple months back. He sells them for $200. I think he makes them for Honda's and Suzukis....maybe he can fab something up for DRR's? Or do you already have some one in mind? Here's the link to a write-up/review:
link (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=349366&highlight=stabilizer)

bradley300
11-03-2008, 09:47 AM
any of the current models should wourk, all you need is to fab a mounting bracket that will work for the little quads

qcitytile
11-03-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm really interested. Give me some more info

raidernut
11-03-2008, 06:27 PM
what im refering to is something high end made for the mini, not a full size bike one "made to work" on the drr. A major brand company is going to make them ,one that supplies a lot of top pros,and they dont sell on ebay. Just trying to help him guage interest so he doesnt make to large a production run. He is not going to just adapt over a full size model to fit, but build a youth design for the serious racer.

riding4fun
11-04-2008, 07:34 PM
PM me the info please.

raidernut
11-04-2008, 08:39 PM
pm sent

xcracer01
11-05-2008, 11:31 AM
I would like info also please. thanks

raidernut
11-05-2008, 03:53 PM
They will be in production within the next 3 weeks, and available to dealers at that point.

DAVYS DAD
11-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Im very interested, is there a warranty? Are they rebuildable?
Thanks

DAVY WOODBURY#72
Michigan limited 50 champ 07&08

NICK WOODBURY#22 up and comming

BIG THANKS TO RB-RACING & TRICKS BY HICKS

raidernut
11-05-2008, 06:56 PM
yes on warrantee, and yes on rebuildable. These are going to be produced by a big name company, that has been around for years.

JAG Motosports
02-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by raidernut
my earlier post was deleted probably due to advertising rules, so i will word it differently. Is there an interest out there in a true High performance steering stabilizer made as a bolt on for the DRR. would not be a stick type, but a design such as the elka, precision, etc.? would not be cheap, but would be a great addition to a high end race bike. they really help with rider fatigue, and handling. just wondering if im the only one wanting a real steering stabilizer for my racer?

Whatever happened to this?

raidernut
02-06-2009, 04:50 PM
They are done now, and absolutely sick!! we are done testing them, and used them in competition this month. Watch for a press release and product review early next week as well as contact info. This thing made our test bike so much more stable.

marsrace2
02-06-2009, 05:00 PM
can you pm me the info?

raidernut
02-06-2009, 05:15 PM
I will let you know Sunday or monday, i dont think i am at liberty to do it yet until the company has approved of the press release sometime in the next day or so.

02-06-2009, 07:56 PM
actually we have been working on mounts for the drr to mount the elka and precision ones also would work on the ccp's

DAVYS DAD
02-07-2009, 04:52 AM
could someone pm me info on where to get one of these

raidernut
02-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by racer65
actually we have been working on mounts for the drr to mount the elka and precision ones also would work on the ccp's

Elka is not making them anymore, and they were junk to begin with, they are servicing the ones that are out there however. This is why factory Kawasaki went to the GPR Stabilizers and ditched the Elkas. The precisions are nice though

02-08-2009, 11:16 AM
ya i know that but thiers a bunch of people that still have them and through them out on ebay and a drr customer might buy one and try to make it work i can make them for the gpr's also

raidernut
02-08-2009, 11:24 AM
ya i know that but thiers a bunch of people that still have them and through them out on ebay and a drr customer might buy one and try to make it work i can make them for the gpr's also

That would be cool. GPR has already done all the work for the mounts, and spent tons of hours to make them perfect. The CNC work and anodizing is completed and looks and works awesome

raidernut
02-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Pic of the installed prototype

riding4fun
02-08-2009, 11:38 AM
I need to work some OT. Those are nice.

raidernut
02-08-2009, 11:43 AM
another

02-08-2009, 01:02 PM
well then why didn't you let us know this months ago i'm scrapping the idea i'm a dealer for gpr and i guess i'll go buy some to sell

raidernut
02-08-2009, 01:28 PM
well then why didn't you let us know this months ago i'm scrapping the idea i'm a dealer for gpr and i guess i'll go buy some to sell

Well i did, my original post in this thread was from November 3rd. The testing and production just took longer than anticipated. They sure feel good on the bike though, has that full sized bike feel instead of the twitchy mini feeling

ww228king
02-08-2009, 01:50 PM
very cool.... how is the performance compared to the Gibson stick type? and the price range

raidernut
02-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by ww228king
very cool.... how is the performance compared to the Gibson stick type? and the price range

Not even comparable to the stick type, these have a sweep to sweep dampening effect, and do not fade from heat like the sticks.

QuadJunkies
02-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Mark, are these completely redesigned to work specifically on a mini?|
The full sized ones are overkill in adjustments for most full sized quads let alone a mini.Very nice add on for a quad but wondered how many true adjustments would be used with the added price tag.
We have been threw 2 stick design stabiizers per year, would be nice to not have to buy new ones over and over and arent worth rebuilding.

And to think I just ordered another one last week.:p

raidernut
02-08-2009, 08:31 PM
They have done their homework, and made the internals and oil geared towards the minis. The adjustments are infinite, and you would adjust it based upon track conditions. These are completely rebuildable and guaranteed for life. You can also pass it on to another quad when you move up, just by changing the mounting bracket kit.

QuadJunkies
02-08-2009, 09:07 PM
When you say for when you move up, if the internals are built for minis, how would that work on a full sized quad as far as the internals go when moving up to a larger quad? We have had the Precision ,Denton,Gibson ect..so Im familiar with the adjustments for terrain change but was curious on the stiffness if it would be the same on the mini as a full sized quad? Im guessing since you can put this on a mini and then to a 450 that the adjustments are much more broader range because even at the softest setting it would still be too stiff for a mini. I know the softest even on Kelseys 450 is pretty stiff and could not work on a mini.
Sorry for all the questions ,but Im just trying to understand exactly what all has been done to adapt these to the minis .

raidernut
02-09-2009, 05:25 PM
It is a simple oil viscosity change. The one we are testing has such a broad range of adjustment, i think as is i could easily use it on the mini or a full size. Its just not like the limited adjustments of the stick. you can adjust it from little or no tension at all, to where you cannot hardly move the bars.

XXX -rider
02-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by raidernut
Its just not like the limited adjustments of the stick..
which steering stabilizer are you referring to?

I have had stabilizers with 7 adjustments & they've had very broad ranges....

raidernut
02-09-2009, 06:43 PM
The sticks do have a broad range, they just dont last, and they dont stabilizer during the entire range. They are ok for most applications and riders. This is just an option for someone wanting something more high end. There is a reason why the pros dont run the sticks anymore.