PDA

View Full Version : garden state atv riders

madmartin
11-02-2008, 06:28 PM
We're trying to get a club goin based out of central jersey. lookin for members now. gardenstateatvriders.com theres some good potential land over in monroe twp. would be alot easier approaching owners as a group. Any one been out to the pits recently? there use to be some good trails and a track back behind the school. Wondering if they're still open?

deathman53
11-03-2008, 11:00 AM
A good positive step, I'll be there for the meeting on the 10th. I hardly ride my atv's, due to nowhere to legally ride them. My dirtbikes get the most riding and almost all of it is legal. I do moslty motocross on atv's.

madmartin
11-03-2008, 11:23 AM
I'm glad to see the interest. I haven't ridden in years but i just bought a quad and i can't beleive the grief we're getting nowadays. They're so many people who enjoy motorsports in jersey i think it's about time we all get organized. I just started racing the the atlantic grand prix harescrambles. god damn they're fun. theres a couple guys who race mx all from the englishtown area. raceway park coming up this weekend. hope to see you at the meeting. A couple guys, a couples beers, thats how it all gets started.

blazinlegg
11-08-2008, 01:18 AM
I've ridin in old bridge and monroe there seem to be trails everywhere in old bridge area, I don't think much of it's legal though

madmartin
11-08-2008, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by blazinlegg
I've ridin in old bridge and monroe there seem to be trails everywhere in old bridge area, I don't think much of it's legal though

old bridge used to be great. we used to ride at the water resevoirs. That was probably ten years ago and i know they put a stop to that. Monroe is great if you know the farmers. Most of them have sold off the land to developers but there are still a few who are cool. We ride a farm on the border of englishtown which is pretty nice. The owners a member and was actually out there last weekend building a small track. There are a few areas in monroe that are great to ride and hopefully if we can build a membership up, we can approach the owners and get permission to use the land. Hey, all we can do is try. I'm tired of looking over my shoulder for cops.

blazinlegg
11-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by madmartin
old bridge used to be great. we used to ride at the water resevoirs. That was probably ten years ago and i know they put a stop to that. Monroe is great if you know the farmers. Most of them have sold off the land to developers but there are still a few who are cool. We ride a farm on the border of englishtown which is pretty nice. The owners a member and was actually out there last weekend building a small track. There are a few areas in monroe that are great to ride and hopefully if we can build a membership up, we can approach the owners and get permission to use the land. Hey, all we can do is try. I'm tired of looking over my shoulder for cops. Ya I hear that the cops are bad out there. I'm new to riding since the summer and have only been out to the trails in Englishtown twice, anyway it would be great to have permission.

Crazy lil punk
11-08-2008, 03:00 PM
I might be down to join up, but I'm from philly :(

madmartin
11-08-2008, 05:07 PM
It's nice to be able to go out riding for the day and not have to worry about the pos taking you in. Thats all were working for right now. it's better to approach a farmer or land owner as an organized profesional looking group. Thats what alot of hunters did years ago and it worked for them. Where the land owner would only let one or two guys on his property to hunt for the season, they started forming hunting clubs and got permission from more land owners for greater numbers of guys to use.

Philly's cool. I'm only 20 mins away. There is actually another club just getting started in south jersey. I think their names TRAILNJ. With actual clubs that have actual members it gives an actual number of supporters to show when groups like njohva go before the state. Not to mention it's alot more fun riding with other guys than by yourself. Check out our site. gardenstateatvriders.com join up it don't cost anything. We're actually talking about getting a group ride together soon. thinking bout heading over to rausch creek, or maybe breezewood.

deathman53
11-08-2008, 05:40 PM
I used to ride the trails in sayreville, old bridge, monroe, helmetta and e/s brunswick. Can't ride much of it anymore. Cops got real bad in sayreville in 02, Old bridge started about tha time. Helmetta and e/s brunwick were cool for sometime, until recently.

First signs were put up in the Jamesburg park area, the signs moved more toward e brunsick, then the signs starting coming out along the creek in s. brunwick and the cops came in floods. Last time I was in that area, I came out an entrance/exit in s. brunswick, white suv w/green lettering, back toward helmetta, look over a ledge and there is 3 of the same trucks, go out to another point and there is more. I get out to the road and see street bike guys. I asked them if there is any cops over there, another entrance/exit to the trails there, and they said lots. I followed them out and cruised on the street almost all the way home, didn't want to, tires get expensive. BTW, I wasn't on an atv, but a fully street legal dirtbike.

That was almost 8 months ago, I'm hearing worse stuff now. Cops sitting near the farmers field getting people as they enter/exit the tunnel under the turnpike, where we cross cranberry road, crossing white pine and sitting on the powerlines/gas lines in jamesburg park.

You know this all started?? People were riding in from places from the fields on 522, loud pipes and wheeling/speeding down the street, I got stopped there pushing my trike with it running(he let me go, I wasn't the people he wanted). Fast forward 3 years and a new crowd of riders showed up there, straight pipes, drag racing on the gas/power lines and lots of noise complaints, ranger tryed to get stop the dragging, I seen them there a few times, they only bothered me once and it was very simple, I was told to stay out of here for a few weeks, something big is getting planned. 2 weeks later, a huge raid. Lets go forward another year, this same thing started again. The signs(small lettered 1 page long, I never stopped and read it) started appearing, first in the e. brunswick side of jameburg park, then the helmetta side, then out toward s. brunswick and a week later I started seeing all the cops. Last I was told over there, the cops have quads, they sit on the trails acting injured or quad broke, you stop, they slap the cuffs on you. They are doing the same thing that old bridge has been doing for years.

Now I ride my dirtbikes on wma, state forst and state owned/allowed land and the atv's go to mx tracks, Rausch Creek and landing mx(maryland) being my favorite. Its ashame, I miss riding out there, 10 minutes from my house, nobody for the longest time bothered you and few people out there. All of this came out due to people riding like jack-asses, no/gutted silencer(noise) and making themselves an annoyance on the street, all very preventable stuff. When I rode out there, I always stayed off the gas lines(nearest to the houses) and most of the time was in the woods out of sight and out of mind. Its 100% true, less sound equals more ground and if you aren't seen or heard, you don't get any attention to it. I wish more people felt this way.

prodirt118
11-21-2008, 09:32 PM
i would love to join i just want any where to ride

blazinlegg
11-24-2008, 06:46 PM
me too

rpyfz450
12-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Old Bridge has a minimum fine of $300 + court costs and a mandatory court appearance. I know this first hand. They have a 4x4 ATV they patrol with.

If you want to do free riding, good luck doing it in NJ without a designated park.

madmartin
02-03-2009, 08:37 AM
Just wanted to update. Club is formed and is an ama recognized social club. Bout 50 members between jersey, PA ,and new york and everyones pretty cool. We had some group rides to rausch and most recently moto town. If you feel like a day trip to connecticut moto town was well worth it. We're working hard to get some more land to use by this summer. Also supporting a possible park to be built in the south jersey shore area. Check out the site or sign up. Theres alot of info on there and if you want you can get in on our rides. Car poolin is a plus and makes it alot easier and alot more fun to get out to places. We have meetings every month right in millstone and this month we'll be hosting it with the njohva. feel free to swing on by cause there will be alot of info thrown around at this months meeting.

tomscarpt
02-04-2009, 06:26 AM
Is that millstone township my parents live near clarksburg.We use to ride the pits before they built all the house's there

madmartin
02-04-2009, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by tomscarpt
Is that millstone township my parents live near clarksburg.We use to ride the pits before they built all the house's there
yeah right by great adventure. There are soooo many places to ride out there. they are developing the hell out of the area but as long as you run a quite core and stay off of peoples lawns your alright.

panteramatt
02-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Id be down for the next group ride.

katv12
02-16-2009, 05:20 PM
I just joined.
And i still ride in old bridge, and yes they got a 4x4 atv.

madmartin
02-16-2009, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by katv12
I just joined.
And i still ride in old bridge, and yes they got a 4x4 atv.
If you ride in old bridge you're sure to know some of the guys.

We just ran up to Evansville on sunday for their mud snow hairscramble. That was the most fun everyone had to date. Make sure you guys get in on the chat. carpoolin is a breeze. We hooked up with guys from the QB and there was plenty of room. Between all the people that go with us or we go with there is always room on the trailers for a few more.

bosshogg1
02-18-2009, 08:57 AM
Hey buddy I really would like to know what I have to do to get down with you an the racing can you tie me in I would like to know any an every thing on the sport an whens the next race thanks:D