PDA

View Full Version : could some please tell me how to do this???

288sunny
11-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Im trying to add oil to the oil resivor, does not seem possible with the quart and a funnel, so how do you all add your oil? i need a long tube or something, its a pain trying to put the quart through the frame and add oil in a funnel, not to mention i cant get all the oil out of the quart cause i cant tip it up that far???

I also just noticed i have the wonderful water/coolant leak near the water pump/clutch cover, this is the suzuki recall and i plan to have this fixed, its not leaking super bad, but enough to drive me crazy, plus now im wondering if this is where my milky oil is coming from?????

knoxville9
11-02-2008, 06:28 PM
As for your oil problem just get a flexible funnel or dont tip the jug as much and just squeeze. About all i can think of, i use a flexible funnel and i preatty much make it a 90 degree bend and the oil goes right in

cataway
11-03-2008, 03:33 AM
the water leak may be the water pump seal going bad ,it happens

Z-Rider86
11-03-2008, 02:41 PM
To save you a lot of time, money, and trouble follow this. I had an 03KFX and replaced just about everything and the pump kept leaking. This is the problem. It takes some work but I had it fixed in 30 minutes. http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=340377