PDA

View Full Version : Modd Or Touch Up My Warrior?

johnnyv8
11-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Hey guys, new guy here, I got a 01 Warrior 350 sitting in my garage. It has a flat tire, needs a oil change, and who knows what else.

My quad only has "neft bars" I believe there called, other wise it is stock. How much is it to replace OEM parts w/ aftermarket parts. Does it make sense just to get it "running" or should I slap on a air intake, maybe an exhaust, new tires, etc. Do you guys think I'll be happy, and will my quad feel like a "new" quad w/ some extra money throw into it?

If I do put some extra money into the Warrior, where should I buy my stuff?

keglassg
11-03-2008, 02:33 PM
i've thrown a ton of money at my warrior, but i dont think i would do it again given another chance. if i were you, just slap on some new tires, get it serviced and sure a pipe and an intake with the right jetting will give it that edge over a friends stock warrior, but it isnt needed i dont suppose. if its got nerfs already, thats all ya need man, i'd just get it going and tear it up man thats what they are made for.

07350R
11-04-2008, 01:08 PM
I have an 07 350 Raptor which is basically the same with exception of plastic as the warrior. I have had 2 660 raptors and 1 700 raptor, couple of banshees and I have to say I truly like my 350R the best of all of them all, I have intake, full race exhaust, jet kit, wheels and a few other things, if you dont intend on getting out and full blown racing the 350 professionally it is awesome for tooling and ripping around on. I don't regret the around 2 grand in accessories I have on my 350, I love it, I just trail ride mostly with friends, what I love best is how easy it is to adjust the valves and clutch and all other maintenance involved with the old 2 valve, I say if you already have one, you can't go wrong in fixxin it up, you will have a blast.:cool:

johnnyv8
11-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Hmm, well I'm not trying to dump 2G into something I prob cant get 2g for. Crap, My car doesn't even have 2g worth of mods. I was thinking of instead of OEM parts, maybe replace them w/ aftermarket parts?

Do you guys think I have to go all the way and spend like 2G to even make worth my wild or can I have fun w/ lets say 500 bucks.

I mean, my quad going need a couple of bucks to get running again, I'm just wondering if I should throw a couple of extra bucks at it.

choices choices, decisions..speaking of which, I gotta go vote. LOL

11-04-2008, 03:53 PM
it is hard to tell you what to do...we don't know what needs replaced...

plug the tire, change the oil and go over the bike...figure out what needs replaced...you can have fun on anything stock...or you can drop tons of money on it like i have done to all of my atv's in the past...it is all in what you want, what needs done, and what you like...

pelphrey
12-10-2008, 03:58 PM
I bought my 01 brand new. I have thrown thousands of dollars into it. It was a great starter quad but if I had to do it again I would have done the filter/pipe/jets and left the rest alone. I still love to ride it but I always want more.. But that really depends on the rider. I settled for years but as I progressed I realized the warrior wouldn't cut it anymore.

johnnyv8
12-10-2008, 07:44 PM
I will get a K/N, maybe tires, however, whats the deal w Jets? how the increase in power and price? Who does it?

bryankbeane
12-17-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by johnnyv8
I will get a K/N, maybe tires, however, whats the deal w Jets? how the increase in power and price? Who does it?
what jets do is change the fuel air mixture into the combustion chamber a dealer will do it or a race shop just look around u should find some one that will do, it the reason why you re jet the carb is when u add a pipe or better air system there is more air coming into the combustion chamber so you need to increase the fuel or it will run to lean(not enough fuel) so jetting helps get the most out of your mods

johnnyv8
12-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by bryankbeane
what jets do is change the fuel air mixture into the combustion chamber a dealer will do it or a race shop just look around u should find some one that will do, it the reason why you re jet the carb is when u add a pipe or better air system there is more air coming into the combustion chamber so you need to increase the fuel or it will run to lean(not enough fuel) so jetting helps get the most out of your mods

O, so its like tuning ur quad. thats cool. I end up ordering OEM parts for now, well see. I just want get it up and running again