PDA

View Full Version : banshee engine in 400ex frame

allhondaman
11-02-2008, 08:34 AM
i found a really nice piped shee engine for sale on ebay w/carb. i was wondering if anyone tried putting this engine in a 400ex frame.

11-02-2008, 10:38 AM
I dont recomend mixing companies for things but it would be the only good handling banshee if you do this. Dont thik i've ever heard of this being done

boosted3g
11-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Thats cold dude, banshee's arent my cup of tea but they are a classic like the 250r. Hell i even had one 15 years ago.

As far as the original question i havent heard of anyone doing it but i would bet it would fit. The hardest part would be figuring out the pipes. The chain dont care what manufactures engine is turning the sprockets so dont worry about mixing and matching.

allhondaman
11-02-2008, 03:30 PM
yeah id say that the pipes would have to be custom made and would come out towards the front tires. banshees are not my "cup o tea" either but i love the engine. the body and suspension are horrible but the hit of that 2 smoke...

11-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Banshees arent that bad. It's an acquired feel.

But anyways, ive been wanting to do something similar but with a yfz450 frame. I was going to part my banshee frame and keep the motor/electronics.

But that didn't happen.

It would definitely work, but the hardest part is the pipes.