PDA

View Full Version : Laptop internet service

quadracer707
11-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Ok Guys I know alot of you know this answer especially you Pappy, iam sure you have this to cover races.

My son is in Fla. going to MMI He has cell phone & laptop, but no internet service. I am interested on how, who what to do to get laptop internet service thru his cell phone. He does alot of traveling racing & wrenching quads at races & I want to get him something he can use. He is on my wifes plan of 5 cell phones so he really cant leave veizon.
Iam lost at all the little extras they want you to pay,

Thanx Ken

quad2xtreme
11-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Verizon has a plan for $15 to add Internet to quite a few cell phones. Basically it is a cable that hooks to the phone and your computer. If you are on the Internet then your cell phone can't make or receive calls. You will need to check with Verizon to see if this is an option for his cell phone...or you might need to get another cell phone.

A few guys at work have the Verizon Blackberry phone. It works with that for sure.

Otherwise, you have to buy a card to put into the PCMCIA slot. Pretty sure the data service for this is ~$55-60 a month. I have this and it works great from most places.

Nothing works at Birch Creek though. :(