PDA

View Full Version : water log

maska
10-31-2008, 08:51 AM
I have a 1987 lt250r. I just bought it 2 weeks ago. Ride #1 was great until I hit some water which bogged me out. I pop started and was loosong power intermitently through out the day. But for the most part kept up with everyone.
Ride #2 The bike sat for a week under shelter and started right up. I hit some more water and bogged out again. Again I popped it and had to go back through the same water to turn around and dead again. Popped it and went home 15 minutes later because I was loosing so much power kids were flying by me on XR80's.
I let it sit for a nother week to dry out and now it wont start by kick. Spark is present but just enough to get me a backfire every 15 kicks or so.
My instinct tells me I shorted out the 3 month old Ricky Stator but I am not a very talented mechanic. FYI there is no seal where the stator wire goes into the cover. However, It doesen't seem nearly enough space to get any substantiol amount of water to get in.

Heeeeeeeeelp, It's going to be 60 & Sunny this weekend.

the Z Man
10-31-2008, 04:50 PM
Pull the cover and see if water comes out. you really need to seal that for sure.

maska
10-31-2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks, I ordered a flywheel puller to take a look at it.