PDA

View Full Version : Best sprockets??

DS650Xrider
10-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Does anybody have a Sidewinder Titanium II sprocket set?? And are they as reliable as they say they are?

deathman53
10-31-2008, 08:42 PM
I have mixed results with sidewinders chain/sprockets. I had a set on my atc250r lasted good. I bought another set for trx250r, slightly bigger rear. This wasn't the titanuim 2, but the best they sold at the time. I still have the set on my atc250r and the set on the trx250r lasted alittle over a year. I got the atc250r set june 06 and the trx oct 06. Also the atc250r is ridden far more often, both have nearly the same motor mods, the only difference between the 2 is the atc used a 36 rear and trx and 38. Same chain lube used on both, same riding conditions.

I now use primary drive(rocky mountain atv brand) sprockets and did x-ring atv chain. For my dirtbikes, IronMan sprockets($100 rear, $30 front) and did x-ring atv chain. The expensive sprockets don't pay off, some last awhile, others don't. Just get the hi-carbon steel sprockets and a quality chain, that should last you awhile.

rgorm2500
11-01-2008, 12:12 AM
i just bought the Sidewinder Smart chain and the TII titanium front and rear sprockets for $295 i got a sweet deal i think compared to what the regular price is. i hope they last as long as the company says they do.

John451
11-05-2008, 05:43 PM
I have a sidwinder chain and sprocket on my cr125 and its been on there for 8-10 years lol. So id say theyr good. Only thing is the chains a lil squeaky from surface rust.. But for about 30% of the price you can get primary drive xring chains and sprockets.. The sprockets arent the best but the chains are. They have the highest tensile stregnth and its about 70-90 for the chain and sprockets. The chains are gold plated lol..