PDA

View Full Version : Removing A-Arms, help!

CodyCarlier725
10-30-2008, 06:06 PM
Im taking my a-arms off, I got the first one off with not too much trouble but my left side is being held in by that long *** bolt and i can't seem to get it out, anybody else have this problem or know what i can do?

Dr89
10-30-2008, 07:36 PM
if your talking about the bolt i think you are.
advanced auto :cool:

daddio
11-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Sawzall.............. And when you put the new one together, use lot's of anti-sieze on the bolt and down inside the spacer or sleeve.

ECOR#8
11-04-2008, 02:54 PM
they usually come out rather easily, however last winter i swapped a-arms on my 06, and had the same problem on the one side. i used a hammer and punch and once i finally got it out i noticed that some how the bolt was bent pretty badly. the a arm was ok, and i dont remember hitting anything that hard because i would think that something else would have broke. who knows maybe thats your problem too:rolleyes:

daddio
11-04-2008, 03:49 PM
Most of the "stuck" ones I deal with, are because the bolt rusts to the sleeve, and there is no provision for the grease to get between the bolt and sleeve.
Sometimes "Liquid wrench" works, but most of the time I have to saw the ends of the bolts off and pry the a-arm out.

ECOR#8
11-04-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by daddio
but most of the time I have to saw the ends of the bolts off and pry the a-arm out.

ewww... ive never had them get stuck that badly. then again i tear mine apart frequently so that may help with this. not sure how often you have yours apart, nor am i cutting on your maintence routines. dont want to start anything.