PDA

View Full Version : what motor, i want opinions

jason_david1
10-30-2008, 04:17 PM
ok here is the situation. i have an 05 bottom end with the hot rods +3 stroker crank in it and i have a stock 06 motor. i am undecided on which on i want to keep. if i keep the stroker bottom end should i put a big bore cylinder on it or go back stock bore? i will put my dasa head and web cams on either motor. i plan on going at least 14-14.5 on the compression. i do all types of riding and displacement isnt an issue. i know there isnt a right or wrong answer but i just want everyones opinion on what they would do if they were me. thanks in advance.

Dr89
10-31-2008, 10:52 AM
use the stroker--but i wouldnt even touch 14:1 on compression...i'd keep the 05 bottom end, get a 470 top end if you want, then cammed and piped, etc you'd be just fine with even 12:1 which is about stock compression, and you'll have all the power you want. you'll be more reliable that way, wont be blowing head gaskets left and right.

i blew a head gasket with 13.5:1 within 2 weeks, i've had the 12:1 for over a year with no problems. plus you wont have to use race gas which can get $$$$$