PDA

View Full Version : battery runs down, doesn't hold charge

dirtdawg
10-30-2008, 02:29 PM
i bought a battery over the summer for my 250ex and it nver hed a charge since i've had it. It bought it for $70 at the local small engine shop, it is a parts unlimited battery. i put it on the charger and let it get to 80% and it will start fine, but i leave it overnight and the battery dies in that time. i think i need a new battery, but don't want to blow more money on something so stupid. when i bought it, they told me i didn't need to charge it at all, just plug it in an hour after the acid was put in. i bought a new solenoid, but it doesn't make it any better. i always have low voltage. please help me out. thanks.

Honda4life05
11-11-2008, 06:36 PM
man u got ripped of on that battery. I just get $30 batteries from wallmart and they last atleast 2 years.

dirtdawg
11-11-2008, 07:13 PM
it's good now. next time i'll go to wally world! lol.

dirtdawg
11-30-2008, 08:55 PM
hey coffing918, what the **** does that mean? that doesn't seem to help me solve the problem. anyway, just bought an everstart maxx. i found out that the dimwits that sold me the old battery told me that i didn't need to charge it after the put in the acid. they couldn't be more wrong. the initial charge is the most important one i found out from looking at the instructions that came with the new battery.

coffing918
12-01-2008, 06:42 AM
no sorry i left the comp on and some how my 6 year old pasted that into the reply page sorry

dirtdawg
12-01-2008, 01:44 PM
huh. that's funny. just thought it was a little out of place, no big deal.