View Full Version : Jason Dunkelberger offer Atv Classes at Breezewood Proving Grounds

dan harris
10-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Just announced, Pro Atv Racer Jason Dunkelberger will be offering riding classes at the Proving Grounds the next few weekends. Meet and ride with a top level pro racer, learn techniques and skills used by the pro's.

For more information or to sign up EMAIL DAN NOW AT: breezewoodprovinggrounds@yahoo.com

Classes will be on the weekends.

Pappy
10-30-2008, 11:55 AM
Excellent news

Do you have riding times etc and on which days?

dan harris
10-30-2008, 12:07 PM
In the works for this coming summer we are having "Dream Camp" at the Proving Grounds. Dream Camps will be 4 day long riding camps where you'll stay at the park with all your meals provided. We are planning a camp for every level of rider and every age, for both bikes and quads.

Camps will have a Pro Day where at least one top level pro will go over riding techniques. In addition to improving your riding skills we will also have mechanics that will go over proper atv set-up, maintenance and repairs. All the action will be video taped for you to take home and share with family and friends.

We'll enjoy days of riding on freshly groomed tracks. Awesome prepared meals served in the dining hall with other camp goers. All accomodations are provided, you'll be staying in comfortable airconditioned cabins. In the evenings enjoy a camp fire or a movie, or watch the days video footage.

A full schedule of events will be available soon.

Dates have not been set at this point, but you can email me to get more information and be put on a direct emailing list.

dan harris
10-30-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Excellent news

Do you have riding times etc and on which days?
Dunk just contacted me last night, he has a couple people wanting him to do a class for them. He has not set a date yet, we were hoping to get a couple more people. Dunk is willing to do more then one class and is available this weekend, then again on the weekends of the 14th, 21st and 28th.

So if anyone is interested get in touch with me and let me know what weekend you prefer.

Pappy
10-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Ill chat with you tomorrow evening dan...I wills ee you at kevins

05Z400rdr
10-30-2008, 02:01 PM
That's an awesome idea with the Dream Camp!!! I'll see you either Saturday or Sunday this weekend!:macho

Landon

JJs450r
10-30-2008, 03:20 PM
dang too bad not after christmas thats what i want from the family

flyboy62
10-30-2008, 04:33 PM
Dan , Zach & I are coming out for the weekend. No toyhauler just a quick trip w/ the flatbed. See ya Saturday am.

jesseweaver
10-30-2008, 04:47 PM
everyones frickin turkey hunting this weekend so i doubt ill be out this weekend:(

dan, do you know the distance on the downhill table?

flyboy62
10-30-2008, 04:59 PM
my dad walked it and said about 90ft from lip to the top of the landing. but if you land in the maddle of the landing about 110

dan harris
10-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
dang too bad not after christmas thats what i want from the family

Tell them about "Dream Camp 2009", that would be an awesome Christmas present. Imagine 4 days and 3 nights at Atv Camp~!!

JJs450r
10-30-2008, 09:42 PM
send me some more info so i can let them know

DVS_Freestyler
10-30-2008, 11:10 PM
if you need someone to teach the youngins how to bust a sweet seat grab, im your guy :devil: :devil:

Pappy
10-31-2008, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by DVS_Freestyler
if you need someone to teach the youngins how to bust a sweet seat grab, im your guy :devil: :devil:

BPG is to much for you:macho :blah:

jesseweaver
10-31-2008, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
BPG is to much for you:macho :blah:

haha i bet you could do some stuff over the flag jump. should get an fmx school together

dan harris
10-31-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by DVS_Freestyler

I'd be interested in talking to you about the camps, I'm sure having you out working with the riders would be a huge benefit and would help draw more riders. Send me an email and we can throw it around. breezewoodprovinggrounds@yahoo.com

bmxican345
11-02-2008, 06:36 PM
will there be any "breezewood darts"? ahahahaha

dan harris
11-03-2008, 04:08 PM
A big Thanks to Dunk for coming out this past Sunday. After holding his class at the park he stuck around and rode with a group of Breezewood regulars. Putting on an awesome show for everyone.

Jason is looking to do another class here at the park on either the weekend of the 22nd or the weekend of the 29th. Anyone interested should email me for more details.

If anyone has pics of Dunk riding this weekend, I'd like to see them - post up!!

dan harris
11-04-2008, 05:58 AM
Keep in mind the Proving Grounds closes for the season from December 1st until March 1st.

Still 4 more good weekends of riding !! Whatta u gonna do

jesseweaver
11-04-2008, 08:07 PM
if i can get off work, ill be there friday with a couple friends

Gray33
11-04-2008, 08:16 PM
hey, what if u have no experiance racing or acutally jumping real jumps?

jesseweaver
11-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Gray33
hey, what if u have no experiance racing or acutally jumping real jumps?

breezewoods a perfect place then, theres 3 different tracks and you can work your way up. the jumps almost all have option lines that are easier, usually a few smaller tables.

Gray33
11-04-2008, 08:33 PM
lol, i might make a trip down there i am used to jumping creek beds and thats about it and riding trails.But, mx looks like a blast and i want to get into mx can i race with stock suspeion?

mx1791
11-04-2008, 09:07 PM
yea you can deff. race a stock yfz

11-05-2008, 07:04 AM
You could have Joe Byrds pro 450r and have him on a bone stock yfz450 and he is still going to mop the floor with your ***. Having the best of everything doesn't mean anything. It's all about skill.

flyboy62
11-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Gray33
lol, i might make a trip down there i am used to jumping creek beds and thats about it and riding trails.But, mx looks like a blast and i want to get into mx can i race with stock suspeion?
yea breezewood is the perfect place for all skill lexels. when i started going there(3 years ago) i couldnt jump for my life. then as i kept going there i got better and better. now i can do everything at the park. it will deff. be worth the trip. every time i go to breezewood it just keeps getting better and better. dan and amanda do an amazing job at keeping everyone happy and having a good time.

quad2xtreme
11-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Prodigal
You could have Joe Byrds pro 450r and have him on a bone stock yfz450 and he is still going to mop the floor with your ***. Having the best of everything doesn't mean anything. It's all about skill.

I'd rather come up short on Joe's fully modified quad than a stock yfz...I think that was his point...can you go to a track and hit the jumps on a stock suspension?

outacontrol
11-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
I'd rather come up short on Joe's fully modified quad than a stock yfz...I think that was his point...can you go to a track and hit the jumps on a stock suspension?

Some of the best riders ive seen at breezewood are on stock suspension. Just this past weekend there was numerous guys nailing everything with ease on both tracks on stock suspension.

ltr450rider21
11-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by outacontrol
Some of the best riders ive seen at breezewood are on stock suspension. Just this past weekend there was numerous guys nailing everything with ease on both tracks on stock suspension.

im one of those 'stockies'

:rolleyes:

Gray33
11-05-2008, 04:43 PM

Exactly what i ment. I was just wondering if i have stock suspension if i can hit the jumps because everytim i jump i always nose dive. or my front end goes up.

dan harris
11-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by ltr450rider21

You might be stocky, but that kickin' LTR of yours sure isn't. Great riding with you this weekend Nick!

This guy is on a stock Ltr 450 He's a local at the track named Justin aka superman.

Gray33
11-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Is there any jobs around brezze wood because i got 1 more year and i am thinking about getting a facotry job arond brezzewood and ride every weekend

dan harris
11-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Here's a pic of Dunk during his class this weekend at BPG

flyboy62
11-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by ltr450rider21

yea so am i. i :huh

dan harris
11-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Hey Flyboy, It was great riding with you last weekend. Your straight up "killin' it" here. Can't believe how good you've gotten, and on a 450 already. Your dad (sunco) looked real good this weekend on his 450. Glad you guys are members!!

jesseweaver
11-05-2008, 09:10 PM
anyone else going friday? ill be there with a bunch of bikes, me on my all black yz250f, 3 red crf250fs and a green kx250f

quad2xtreme
11-06-2008, 09:26 AM
I will be there around noon on Friday. Heading out early in the morning for the 6.5 hr journey to motocross heaven. :D

I have to say though...I do enjoy NCMP too. When Dan closes for December, January, and February, then everyone can travel down here for some riding. :cool:

flyboy62
11-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by dan harris
Hey Flyboy, It was great riding with you last weekend. Your straight up "killin' it" here. Can't believe how good you've gotten, and on a 450 already. Your dad (sunco) looked real good this weekend on his 450. Glad you guys are members!!
thanks dan. i cant wait till next year!

winters126
11-06-2008, 05:50 PM
I will be there around noon on Friday. Heading out early in the morning for the 6.5 hr journey to motocross heaven. :D

Jon, are you going to be there all weekend? Zach and I will be there on Saturday testing some new parts out. I hope you'll still be there. I don't think we've seen you at all this year! I'm really looking forward to doing a little riding before this really cold weather sets in!! Hope to see ya Sat.

quad2xtreme
11-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by winters126
Jon, are you going to be there all weekend?

Yea, I will be there all weekend. See you guys there.

jesseweaver
11-07-2008, 10:12 PM
i just got back a llittle bit ago:D fun day....

who was that guy on the yellow LTR in the blue and white gear he was flying. track was a little dusty but im glad it wasnt watered cause then it would have been like ice. it was really hard packed and slippery and i couldnt get any traction so it kinda sucked for us bikes but we still had a good time.

dan harris
11-10-2008, 07:33 AM
Hey Jesse,

Sorry the intermediate track was such hard pack. This time of year its hard to disc and chisel. They called for rain on Friday night and I didn't want to loosen up the ground then have it get rained on and be really muddy. Glad you still had a good time.

Only 3 more weekends left before we close for the winter. (we will re-open again March 1st). Hope everyone can make it up for one more ride. We are having a free turkey dinner for everyone on Saturday the 29th. Lets hope for some warm weather.

jesseweaver
11-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by dan harris

Sorry the intermediate track was such hard pack. This time of year its hard to disc and chisel. They called for rain on Friday night and I didn't want to loosen up the ground then have it get rained on and be really muddy. Glad you still had a good time.

yea thats cool i figured you wouldnt want to disc it up for only a handful of people anyway. and those stupid quads would flaten it out and make it slick right away again anyway:devil:

im going to try and make it out once more before you close, maybe the sat or sun before hunting cause ill be up that way. gas keeps going down so i cant use that as an excuse anymore so if the weather stays nice, ill try to get out.

dan harris
11-11-2008, 08:38 AM
Hopefully everybody will get back up here ONE more time before the tracks look like this:

I still have cabin rentals available on the weekend of the 22nd and the weekend we are having the free turkey dinner; Nov. 29th. Email me to book your stay at the park. breezewoodprovinggrounds@yahoo.com

jesseweaver
11-11-2008, 03:13 PM
is there a minimum age for the cabins? my parents hate being at a track for an hour, let alone a weekend:rolleyes:

dan harris
11-11-2008, 03:42 PM
You need to have someone over 21 with you.

jesseweaver
11-11-2008, 04:11 PM
yea i figured. that
rules that out for another 4 years. what about camping?