Bigun55
10-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Pic 2

Bigun55
10-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Pic 3

fastredrider44
10-30-2008, 10:50 AM
Where can I get a clutch lever like that?

Sharp bike man.

Bigun55
10-30-2008, 11:55 AM
lol yeah, now wouldnt you know if you layed it over in soft dirt, not a rock anround anywere, pick it up and see its gone, and sit and wonder how in the world did that happen???? move a leaf and there is a rock, the only one around anywere lol. thats what you call having the best of luck haha

KXRida
10-30-2008, 12:56 PM
how do you like the factory steering dampener? I do like the crf's. More low end oriented though as compared to the other 250f's. Nice bike.

Bigun55
10-30-2008, 01:56 PM
I like it, but now i dont know much about it really. Ive only rode a couple more dirtbikes just around the house.

KXRida
10-30-2008, 08:02 PM
ah cool. You might want to tighten you chain up a hair. If you plan on running aluminium sprockets make sure you keep your chain in spec. Too tight and you'll shred them and too loose and you'll wear the sides. Honestly one of the only reasons I bought a renthal was for the blue hahaha, and I can get them kinda cheap. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that still has the dual exhaust correct? Honestly I'm not a fan. It's cool and all, but jeez I hope you don't want an aftermarket pipe!!!

Bigun55
10-30-2008, 09:33 PM
Yeah i tightend up the chain on it yesterday, the chains on those bikes are JUNK. You can tighten them up before you ride, take a days ride on it, and its right back loose again. Yes it does have the dual exhaust on it. Im gonna buy a set of pro circuits or yoshimuras for it.ive found full systems for 650$ and figured i would get a set for it this winter.

And i have had this bike for about 3 months now, the yfz has been rode 1 time. Now me personally ill never own another quad again. there just not near as much fun, to me anyways, but its differnt strokes for differnt folks to. And plus it all depends who you ride with for what you wanna ride to, alot of my friends switched to bikes and thats what i done to, best choice ive ever made.

KXRida
10-31-2008, 08:46 AM
I'll chime in with my .02. I was a former quad rider before switching off to bikes as well. If you've ridden quads your entire life, the first trail ride you go on (espeically if it's rocky) you'll hate bikes lol. It takes a little time to get used to bikes whereas quads you can just get on and go ride. You need to learn the basics with bikes and build from there. Personally the only time I ride our quads is winter and hunting season. I just kinda lost interest them. I'll switch off with some of my buddy's, but other than that since I've made the bike switch, I very rarely ride quads. That's just me though.

As far as stock chains being junk, I hear yah. Plus the harder you ride, the worse they are. The last race I had on my stock chain I had to adjust it four times that day. I guess we'll see how the renthal holds up now. I prefer DID's, but the shop only had renthals and I needed one for that weekend. Wow $650 for an exhaust? Really? That's not half bad. I paid $300 for my carbon pro.

jesseweaver
10-31-2008, 09:00 AM
haha blue renthal sprockets ftw. i got one of those to

nice looking bike real clean.

as for the bikes vs. quads... all my life i had never really riden bikes, i just putted around the yard and stuff. best decision i ever made to get a bike though. once you start actually riding them hard and get used to them its so much more fun. i didnt realize this until after i got mine and rode it a bunch. my friends all had bikes and i thought they were crazy when they said bikes were better. now im getting a little more experienced and never again will i get a quad to ride tracks with. as for quads being more fun in loose stuff, i disagree. on a quad its too easy to swing the back end out and do a nice long perfect powerslide. on a bike you have to be on your toes, if you mess up a little, you laying on your back wondering what happened. when your pinned in 3rd, back end sliding way out and you know if you get on it just a little bit to much, your gonna be laying in the dirt, its a little more fun then just holding it wide open and letting it slide.

KXRida
10-31-2008, 11:47 AM
the only time I miss a quad is when I'm riding super rocky stuff. If it's big rocks I'll take a bike anyday due to line choice, but like if you're riding on rocks about the size of your fist it sucks. haha you just keep thinking to yourself, I wonder how bad it would hurt if the front wheel washed out? haha then you hit a rock wrong and give yourself a little scare. That was more when I was first starting out though. Now I realized the faster you go through them usually the easier it is. I ride more tracks than I do trails, so it doesn't really matter to me.

jesseweaver
10-31-2008, 09:05 PM
yea i ride mostly tracks to but everynow and then do trails. at first it really sucked but yea the faster you go the easier. i just put my legs out for balance, get my weight on the back and give her. im usually bouncin all over the trail, but just keep the weight back and the front end light its a lot nicer.

KXRida
11-01-2008, 07:40 AM
As for trails, standing up is the way to go. In rocks, I like to stay in the neutral position. Not too far back, not too far forward. MX is a whole different beast though. That's where your basic skills, timing, and balance come into play. Trails are usually some of the ways to learn the basics, but at an mx track you learn body position. haha most riders don't really remember their first jump, but I'm sure if they had a picture of it, they'd laugh. It's usually either a boner air or a nose dive panic rev. :p

Moto49X
11-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Nice bike, but shorten your sig man. We don't need to know every mod that was on your SOLD 400ex.

whitebros400
11-02-2008, 07:16 AM
im still debating between the two.i like them both but the only thing i dont get on the bikes is how to jump them really and its kinda confusing. have you guys ever rode a crf450 because i kinda want the know 09

KXRida
11-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by whitebros400
im still debating between the two.i like them both but the only thing i dont get on the bikes is how to jump them really and its kinda confusing. have you guys ever rode a crf450 because i kinda want the know 09

I've ridden every year of the crf 450's except 08 and 09. Great bikes but high maintance. Lots of valve adjustments compared to other brands.

Jumping a bike 101: (for topic purpose we'll say we're on a 4 stroke and not a 2 stroke)

Come up to the jump in attack position, knees slightly bent, head over the bars, STANDING UP.
Keep a steady throttle off of the jump.
Spot your landing. It's that simple.

These are about the only shots I have of me taking off, but you get the idea of the position you want to be in...

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z152/Rmrider125/jump2-1.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z152/Rmrider125/jump14.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z152/Rmrider125/jump12.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z152/Rmrider125/jump3-1.jpg

Bigun55
11-03-2008, 09:01 AM
These pics are very blurry becaust these pics are off a video but here is me a jumping a little bit, its not really nothing jumping on bike, i cant really explain how you do it, i guesss you could say it just comes to you.

Bigun55
11-03-2008, 09:03 AM
another

krt400ex
11-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by hondarider11
Hey I noticed that you have a yfz. Which one do you like better for riding the yfz of the bike? I am trying to make a decision now on if I want a bike or a quad but I still have no idea what I want. I like the bike better becuase its less painful to wreck but on a quad you dont wreck as much and its more fun in the loose stuff. Just let me know what you think since you have both.

i own both as well and i find the bike to be tons more fun. it is easier in the woods because you have alot more line choices, they are easier to jump (once you get used to them), i love to throw the thing sideways into a turn(bigger rush than on the quad), and it is so much lighter. i like the bike better for hills too because if you do get stuck they are much easier to turn around and go back down.

the only thing that i dont like about the bike is that it is harder to ride someone on the back and you dont have a headlight. otherwise, everything about the bike is better IMO

krt400ex
11-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by KXRida
the only time I miss a quad is when I'm riding super rocky stuff. If it's big rocks I'll take a bike anyday due to line choice, but like if you're riding on rocks about the size of your fist it sucks. haha you just keep thinking to yourself, I wonder how bad it would hurt if the front wheel washed out? haha then you hit a rock wrong and give yourself a little scare. That was more when I was first starting out though. Now I realized the faster you go through them usually the easier it is. I ride more tracks than I do trails, so it doesn't really matter to me.

i agree keep your weight back so the front end will float over the rocks and give it hell. the bike runs them much better than the quad with that mindset lol. when the bike scares you though, it really scares you. makes me think everytime lol

KXRida
11-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Bigun55
These pics are very blurry becaust these pics are off a video but here is me a jumping a little bit, its not really nothing jumping on bike, i cant really explain how you do it, i guesss you could say it just comes to you.

looks like you're getting there, but move up a little more on the seat and keep your legs gripping on the bike. If you swap sideways in the air you can pull the bike back with your legs. haha you don't wanna chicken leg it in the air. It's alright if your feet are off the pegs, but atleast keep your calves/legs on the bike.

whitebros400
11-03-2008, 04:54 PM
are the dasa pipes any good on dirtbikes

jesseweaver
11-03-2008, 05:16 PM
the biggest things on bikes is to stay up front on the seat with your elbows up, kind of like riding over top of the front end it feels like at first. at first it feels really weird but once you get used to that you will be much faster, have MUCH more control over the bike in the air and a lot more in turns too. it just feels like you are in much more control over the bike.

KXRida
11-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
the biggest things on bikes is to stay up front on the seat with your elbows up, kind of like riding over top of the front end it feels like at first. at first it feels really weird but once you get used to that you will be much faster, have MUCH more control over the bike in the air and a lot more in turns too. it just feels like you are in much more control over the bike.

the biggest thing new riders do that is a no no is sit back too far.

krt400ex
11-04-2008, 08:20 AM
the biggest thing new riders do that is a no no is sit back too far.

or forget to put their foot out in the corners that helps your cornering immensly

KXRida
11-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by krt400ex
or forget to put their foot out in the corners that helps your cornering immensly

correction, you want your foot out and infront, not down. that was a hard habbit for me to break.

krt400ex
11-05-2008, 12:57 PM
correction, you want your foot out and infront, not down. that was a hard habbit for me to break.

that is why i said out and not down lol

pro-rider46
11-05-2008, 02:30 PM
i like my bike, i just need its tranny fixed up now. Its fun riding it, and i love how much faster it is than my quad. but im so much better on four wheels than two, oh well it will come with time.

btw. the guy who previously had my bike put a 850 dollar exhaust on my bike, and thats single exhaust. lol. glad i didnt have to put it on.