PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade???

54warrior
10-30-2008, 08:45 AM
I've noticed that most message boards have updated to a more modern style/format. Ones that, IMO, are easier to:

Navigate
Send/Receive Private Messages
Create HyperLinks
Post Images
Adjust Font Settings
Add Quote's or Quote Multiples
Quick Reply
Search

Just wondering if any such upgrade is in store for this site, as it sure seems 'dated'.

Thanks.

Ralph
10-30-2008, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by 54warrior
I've noticed that most message boards have updated to a more modern style/format. Ones that, IMO, are easier to:

Navigate
Send/Receive Private Messages
Create HyperLinks
Post Images
Adjust Font Settings
Add Quote's or Quote Multiples
Quick Reply
Search

Just wondering if any such upgrade is in store for this site, as it sure seems 'dated'.

Thanks.

It is not easy to upgrade a forum of this magnitude. We have been working on it for quite a while now and hopefully we achieve this goal soon.

Pipeless416
10-30-2008, 09:09 AM
i say don't fix it if it's not broken. other forums are annoying with how flashy they are. its hard to figure out the actual info thats being displayed. i like the simplicity of atvriders.

54warrior
10-30-2008, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
It is not easy to upgrade a forum of this magnitude. We have been working on it for quite a while now and hopefully we achieve this goal soon.

So does that mean that something is coming down the line eventually?

BlaineKaiser450
10-30-2008, 09:25 AM
i like how the forum is now

spanky101
10-30-2008, 09:32 AM
I really like the setup of the "hq" family of forums. They use invision forums i think? But I completly understand how it would take alot of time to switch over a forum as large as ATVRIDERS. Best of luck and im sure the new forum will be just as good, if not better then this setup.

Ruby Soho
10-30-2008, 10:38 AM
these are easy to use, the scheme is easy on the eye and everyone knows it as exriders... why change it?

54warrior
10-30-2008, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
these are easy to use, the scheme is easy on the eye and everyone knows it as exriders... why change it?

The same scheme could be retained on a more modern, functional board. That's why I am in favor of a change.

More, better features and added functionality.

Honda#4
10-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Doesn't matter to me at all. Its nice to have a change though.

10-30-2008, 05:22 PM
Everything looks good and is functioning for me so I dont see a reason to change. I am curious to see what the pages would look like if they were a little darker

Ralph
10-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Were not talking about a name change or anything. We are looking into upgrading the forum software. It will be pretty much the same but with more features.

907Rider
10-31-2008, 01:48 PM
No way! I like the form the way it is. I think the other "updated" sites look stupid, and are hard to maneuver around.
I'm all for more features just keep the look (aka software) the same.

907Rider
10-31-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by 54warrior

More, better features and added functionality.

Not to contradict my last post but Thats exactly what I think, just keep the look the same.

ZeroLogic
10-31-2008, 02:06 PM
Theres nothing worng with this site. This is the only forum I come on regularly because its easy to work with.:o