PDA

View Full Version : Steel MX Optics

MXQuadRacer21
10-30-2008, 07:31 AM
How are these goggles compared to other goggles like scott, spy, smith?

QuadJunkies
10-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Id kinda like to know this myself.

MXQuadRacer21
10-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Someone has to have an opinion on these..

patrickj75
10-30-2008, 11:25 AM
I haven't used them myself but my friend was sponsored by them for 2008 and he seemed to like them quite a bit.

eastside 400
10-30-2008, 11:27 AM
ive used them for almost three years now, i love them, the quality isnt as good as oakley or the other big namers but i have no complaints with them what so ever, the only thing ive noticed is that the tearoffs were not the exact size of the lense but it didnt really effect anything IMO, the paint is great, ive had a pair for 2 seasons and only a tiny part has chipped prolly due to a rock or something, i havent tried the new corrosive google yet but i have the older style. They are always sponsoring riders so send a resume! some people complained about customer service but i have no complaints, i messed my last order up and ordered the new corrosive goggle and didnt realize that the lenses and tearoffs were different when i ordered them, they sent an email the next day stating that i order the tearoffs for a different goggle and to let them know what i wanted to do.

quadboy38
10-30-2008, 01:05 PM
ive been with them for two years now and have had no problems. i have a smaller head and these googles fit me much better than scotts or smiths. other than what eastside said about the tear offs, which hasnt affected me either, they are a great goggle.

10-30-2008, 01:31 PM
i rode for them in 06 i believe. Goggles are made OK. Made kind of small framed though. there customer service is complete ***. They sponsor every1 and everything. When i asked for stickers they gave me excuses for 3 months. When i ask to go visit them since there in nj they said no. Its run out of a apartment or a little house and everything is made by someone. Not sure who. But as far as i no STEEL MX dont make them. they put there name on them

10-30-2008, 05:24 PM
I have been sponsored by them for a year and my contract they want me to renew for next year. I havent tried out their goggles yet but i'm not going to ever get rid of my Oakley Crowbars for steelMX. I do need some snow goggles though

flyin#5
10-30-2008, 07:22 PM
I like them. I run Spy's and Steel MX depending on which one i pick up. Very comfortable and a great goggle. I have been sponsored by them for quite some time now, never had a customer service complaint and i had a pile of there stickers they sent.