PDA

View Full Version : new esr big bore cylinders?

jas250r
10-29-2008, 04:17 PM
called them today, and they said they are going to have all new big bore cylinders, within a few weeks. are these the same a the spinx and puma cylinders from saber(psi) racing? i was told a 310 bolt on was going to start at 599. that makes my mouth water, with a new piston kit too. I was told has ne cylinder that is harder so bores will last a very long time, bigger water jackets, and new port design. what you guys hear or know

kit bazile
10-30-2008, 09:23 AM
yep iv been know about it for a few weeks now they are comming out withh there own cylender instead of using pro-x cylenders it soupose to have a better sleve and some different port work done from what i was told i was gong to wait for thm but went ahead and brought the 330 bolt on kit they have now i may buy oe and build anothr they said it would be on the market for about mid november like right bfore christmass

morse250r
10-30-2008, 06:56 PM
yeah they have been designing for awhile now lots of r&d

GOTFEAR
10-31-2008, 10:27 PM
i just wish they would finish mine up on a new bore they had it for 5 months now. they have no problem selling new ones but as sone as you need it serviced their customer service s...x

C-LEIGH RACING
11-01-2008, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by GOTFEAR
i just wish they would finish mine up on a new bore they had it for 5 months now. they have no problem selling new ones but as sone as you need it serviced their customer service s...x

Gotfear,
In ESR's defence, it might be they cant get a piston for it or have'nt been able to. Has been a shortage the past year on different size's.
Neil

jas250r
11-01-2008, 11:52 AM
are you still a dealer for esr neil? if so what do you know on the newer generation of cylinders? or the puma or spinx interested in non-dragging application.

C-LEIGH RACING
11-02-2008, 07:33 AM
I only heard about them a couple weeks ago, nothing before that.
An outside source is doing them, but pretty sure its not the spinx or puma type cylinders. Be interesting to see how they are made though.

Theres a company in Barsalona Spain, (Airsal) that cast aftermarket cylinders for different engine brands. Some of you may remember or have seen the cylinders made for the Yamaha Blasters, CR 85 & 125s & some of the mini quad engines like the E ton DRR, Kasea.
Somebody quoted a price, on here for one of the new ESR cylinders & if thats right, kinda sounds like it could be an Airsal unit because their products not exspencive. For sure if it was a US made product, a 250R top end kit would cost more than 599 even if it wasnt but a 250cc.
Neil

mcarlson1
11-02-2008, 08:46 AM
In the new Dirt Wheels, ESR has an ad for the new cylinders and how much they cost and what sizes and all that jazz, doesnt say if they are out yet or not though.

Thanks,
Mike

mcarlson1
11-02-2008, 08:49 AM
Forgot to add that there are stroker cranks and a 420 and 430 stroker kits.

Thanks,
Mike

GOTFEAR
11-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
Gotfear,
In ESR's defence, it might be they cant get a piston for it or haven't been able to. Has been a shortage the past year on different size's.
Neil i don't think so i sent a new the piston and the power valve assembly. the same thing happen to my ftz motor it only taken 18 months to get it back had to file a complaint to better business bur.

250Renvy
11-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by mcarlson1
In the new Dirt Wheels, ESR has an ad for the new cylinders and how much they cost and what sizes and all that jazz, doesnt say if they are out yet or not though.

Thanks,
Mike

Any chance you can post that ad, or at least the details of it?

$599 for a complete kit is a really good price. I'm wondering what sizes are going to be available and if there are going to be powervalves as well?

mcarlson1
11-08-2008, 05:19 PM
sizes are 310 330 350 regular cylinder and PV cylinders. They also have 75, 76, 77, and 80mm strokers, using a 77mm stroker with 350 kit makes a 420 and a 80mm with a 350 makes a 430, i assume thats what size cylinders you need to get that displacement. Wether they are complete kits or not i have no idea the ad doesnt say all it says is you get a free billet head with em, i would think that these are complete kits.

Thanks,
Mike

the dude
11-08-2008, 05:58 PM
starting at $599 for a limited time... call for details