PDA

View Full Version : buying new LTR...What to do?

leasureryan
10-28-2008, 09:39 PM
How should I go about breaking my LTR in?....Should I use 20-50? I am a huge fan of 20w-50! YamaLube or GN4 is at my disposal at work, and Kaw oil and Suzuki oil....just always used Yamalube or GN4. Or should it be 10-40? Also...Should I just go ahead and run my 110 octane fuel in it to start. I don't mind paying for it at all. And how should I go about riding it, and for how long at what rpm, etc etc

Thanks...new LTR owner...sorry....first brand NEW quad

miller821
10-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Alright first of all... Since it sounds like your a "Newbie" to the LT-R, i'm going to give you this link... http://www.ltr 450 hq.com/invision/forums/index.php?showtopic=11820 (No spaces)

As for the breaking in... Depends on your method and how you choose to do it... Some do the "Ride it like you normally would" others do "Take it easy the first few hours easing your way past half throttle then past three quarters, etc."..... Honestly I couldn't tell you which is right, but vary your RPM's and you should be fine.

As for oil... I know a lot of people who run Rotella T 15w-40 and have no problem. (Me being one.) The others you said I have no prior experience about so I can't say...

And for 110... I'm almost positive It's un-needed unless your running a high compression piston.

quad59
10-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by ride hard man
Alright first of all... Since it sounds like your a "Newbie" to the LT-R, i'm going to give you this link... http://www.ltr 450 hq.com/invision/forums/index.php?showtopic=11820 (No spaces)

As for the breaking in... Depends on your method and how you choose to do it... Some do the "Ride it like you normally would" others do "Take it easy the first few hours easing your way past half throttle then past three quarters, etc."..... Honestly I couldn't tell you which is right, but vary your RPM's and you should be fine.

As for oil... I know a lot of people who run Rotella T 15w-40 and have no problem. (Me being one.) The others you said I have no prior experience about so I can't say...

And for 110... I'm almost positive It's un-needed unless your running a high compression piston.

X2