PDA

View Full Version : buying an LTR tommarow

leasureryan
10-28-2008, 07:30 PM
wish me luck. I can't wait. Been a Honda guy forever....but just seeing an LTR makes my head spin! I love them.

10-28-2008, 07:36 PM
have you ridden one before?

miller821
10-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Good luck and good choice... I'm rockin both and couldn't be happier.:)

quad handler
10-28-2008, 08:54 PM
hope you have lots of tools...

leasureryan
10-28-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
have you ridden one before?

yes I have, and love them!

I got it at cost, and all my goodies at cost.

IF....IF I decide to sign the paperwork tomarrow

miller821
10-28-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by quad handler
hope you have lots of tools...

I used to think that too about Zuki's when I only had a honda... But the Honda requires much more maintenance it seems like.

leasureryan
10-28-2008, 09:27 PM
amen.....I'm so tired of hearing everyones opinions about which quad gets worked on the most. We all know every quad has it's problems, and every riding condition variable in all the billions of combinations of areas and treatment/matinance on all the differant quads in the world......nothing is the same every time....so why does it really matter? Go to suzuki forum...honda yamaha and kaw are junk, go to honda forum, suz, yam, kaw, junk....etc etc

yeah they may have common problems, but they all do....bottom line

just like why do we only stock a majority of Yamahas one way bearings (starter clutch)?.....probly cuz Yamaha likes getting that $200 every 6 months from all the guys with Raptors/ warriors/etc....or maybe they just flat out can't build a damn starter clutch....IDK!

We don't stock the Honda ones though....why?....cuz they go bad way less often.....I just take the good with the bad, with every plus, somewhere there must be a negitive.

miller821
10-28-2008, 09:49 PM
Haha so true... They all have pro's and con's, and always will...

By the way, what year are you getting? New or used?

hypersnyper6947
10-28-2008, 11:30 PM
LTR's are sick good luck with it, they are bad a-- in my opinion.

leasureryan
10-29-2008, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by ride hard man
Haha so true... They all have pro's and con's, and always will...

By the way, what year are you getting? New or used?

Buying an 08' at cost from the dealrship I work at

powermadd400ex
10-29-2008, 09:30 AM
sweet, id love an LTR. but im gunna be stickin with the ole 400 for quite awhile.
why are you buying one? seems like you just built the 400 up pretty damn well now your already tired of it? is the ltr gunna be another project?
either way congratulations on the money pit :D

leasureryan
10-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by powermadd400ex
sweet, id love an LTR. but im gunna be stickin with the ole 400 for quite awhile.
why are you buying one? seems like you just built the 400 up pretty damn well now your already tired of it? is the ltr gunna be another project?
either way congratulations on the money pit :D

Oh....I'm not selling my prized 400ex....no way in hell. But just like any man....I always want MORE. I blow a wad just looking at an LTR....and have never owned anything brand new. It's time in my old age of 26 to start building some credit...I've always paid cash for everything I have owned...never had credit cards or ever asked anyone to borrow a dime.....but apparently in todays world....cash doesn't get you to far anymore....if you don't have credit....piss on you! So what better way to build credit than to buy what I REALLY want!....an LTR450

I'm gonna TRY not to spend a ton of money on the LTR....but you know I have to have the bare nessesities...nerfs, cherrybomb, bumper, graphics, etc etc.......see.....here we go again.....lol

powermadd400ex
10-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by leasureryan
Oh....I'm not selling my prized 400ex....no way in hell. But just like any man....I always want MORE. I blow a wad just looking at an LTR....and have never owned anything brand new. It's time in my old age of 26 to start building some credit...I've always paid cash for everything I have owned...never had credit cards or ever asked anyone to borrow a dime.....but apparently in todays world....cash doesn't get you to far anymore....if you don't have credit....piss on you! So what better way to build credit than to buy what I REALLY want!....an LTR450

I'm gonna TRY not to spend a ton of money on the LTR....but you know I have to have the bare nessesities...nerfs, cherrybomb, bumper, graphics, etc etc.......see.....here we go again.....lol
:p good to hear your keeping the 400, wat color are you getting? i think the white and blue ltrs have always looked sick.

hypersnyper6947
10-29-2008, 04:27 PM
Did you get it??

leasureryan
10-31-2008, 08:09 PM
yeah I got it....just finished up the paperwork today....actually just left it sit at the shop for tonight since I had to take the kids tirck or treating....sucks...lol....got to take it for a 15 minute spin in the acerage behind the dealership.....gonna bring it home with me after I get off tomarrow......don't know if I want to take it to the track Sunday or not....don't think I could be easy enough on it at an MX track....

hypersnyper6947
10-31-2008, 08:49 PM
sick congrats man that is awesome, last time i went riding there was a couple ltr's out and there BAD ***.